• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Port Vale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Hope that Rovers can keep the momentum with a win in this one. Vale had a good start to their season halted by losing over the weekend, but Rovers have lost a few at home to L2 sides in this competition.

I won't be going mainly due to the early ko. It would be interesting to know how many extra young fans attend as a result of the 7pm start, as against those non-locals who are deterred by it.

There is a requirement that we field 6 regulars or face a fine. I expect Les to opt for largely the same side as Brentford. Where he may consider alterations is in central defence, where McChrystal or Goodi could be rested with Ash coming in or Raven moved into the centre and Kay at right-back. Also time for a start for Joss imo.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would have to agree that the 7pm kick off time for these games is daft, as it just gives fans caught in two minds as to whether to attend an excuse not to bother, and is inconvenient even for locally based supporters like myself. I am not convinced of how many additional younger fans these games actually attract.

On the game itself, I think three or four players will be rested, with Labadie possibly given a start ahead of Robinson. I think it is really important we treat the game seriously and get a decent victory, as we don't want to lose momentum with a mediocre showing.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I'll probably be going with my younger brother who wouldn't have otherwise been able to go. That said, still not convinced by the idea.

Good chance for Labadie, Zoum, Akins and Taylor to remind the manager why they should be starting. Might be a good chance to throw someone like Power into action, at least off the bench.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
probably be a couple of changes to the team im going for a 2 1 home win

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
2-0 win but with some changes thrown in. good chance for les to experiment a little.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Will look forward to the reports of those in attendance. Sounds like Ash, who might have been at fault for their goal redeemed himself with a late equaliser and the winning penno in the shoot-out. Injuries to McChrystal and Robinson a worry, the absence of Enoch and Mustafa not taking a spot-kick a mystery. Over to the attenders...

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I thought Ash was arguably our man of the match in what was admittedly a below par performance. We had enough chances in the first half to go in comfortably ahead but didn't take them, and got caught with a sucker punch. After Vale's goal they had further chances while our game became ragged and we ran out of ideas.

We kept going, however, which is a sign of the improved spirit this season, with Tiryaki also having a decent game and Max Power showing some nice touches when he came on.

The biggest concern has to be Robinson's injury. It looked like he did his hamstring, which would be a major blow given his importance to us.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I always find it strange than a striker doesnt take a penalty and for tiryaki not to take any of the six is just odd imo.

The injuries are a worry as mcgurk still injured, no doubt there will be rumours Enoch is off.

Status
Not open for further replies.