• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Orient

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Leyton Orient

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Orient
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, January 28, 2023 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, January 28, 2023 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Orient have looked the better side in their neat passing but without any end product in the first half, putting a free header wide the closest to a goal either side has come. Rovers was a Morris daisy-cutter that was at least on target.Rovers look quite disjointed.
They did not look the better side in either half, in my opinion.

Player
Manager
John King
I thought it was a very good performance and a fully deserved victory.

The first half was very tactical and cagey and Orient looked neat in midfield on occasions. However, we carried the greater attacking threat and had far more width and pace in our play. In the second half we dominated and created a number of good chances, and Orient can have no complaints about the result.

I thought there were good performances throughout the team, with all of the back four, Merrie and Morris excellent in particular. However, I don't think we should underestimate the impact the new arrivals had on the performance and I am not convinced we would have won that game a week ago. Saunders has great pace and good awareness and kept their back four fully occupied for sixty minutes. I was concerned that Chalmers might be a 'show pony' signing, similar to McPake last season, but he really got stuck in and showed good quality when he came on and played a vital part in the goal. Walker looked very rusty and the midfield sank a bit too deep in the closing stages, but I am sure he will be fine when he is fully up to speed in terms of fitness.

It is a huge result that moves us within four points of the play offs and surely gives both the squad and the Rovers supporters greater enthusiasm for the weeks ahead. It was great to see Micky revving up the crowd in the second half, and the Rovers fans responding, a unity that has been sadly lacking at the club in recent months.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A great result and even better because it was deserved.
Not much between the sides but strength of the bench played a part. Walker looked neat and tidy and chalmers was involved in the lead up to the goal.
Couldn’t believe cogley didn’t shoot when he came inside and smashed a cross which fortunately heckles diverted into his own net.

Prenton Park was rocking and we need more of that. The play off charge begins but we need to lock cogley up somewhere and let him out on Wednesday morning!
Don't know if it will impact any Cogley departure or not but Aberdeen have sacked their manager

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Think it says everthing abt joel m that Burton was on instead of him we could do with anther forward and ship joel out

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
It was also interesting to hear Micky say post match that he believes Burton has now bridged the gap between youth players and first team squad player, and I thought he again made a positive impact when he came on.
Not seen the interview yet bit any comments on outgoings or incomings ?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Don't know if it will impact any Cogley departure or not but Aberdeen have sacked their manager
You would think it would have an impact although I’d be amazed if half decent league one clubs weren’t after cogley

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
Haven’t read any of the other posts yet (how rude), but that was half-decent today. I’d have been reasonably content with a 0-0, but thought we were also good value for the win. The Kop were magnificent at times during that second half, almost as if they had a crystal ball and knew what was coming. Our energy levels were top class today, Saunders maybe being the catalyst to this and he looks a good addition (early doors I know). Been a while since walking away feeling that good (well, Boxing Day to be precise……a month’s a long time in football (you must all be familiar with that old adage…… no, neither am I to be honest!).
Thought it was a good, competitive and intense game and not that bad an advert for League Two football (I’m often confused about the expectations of some, but I’d be more than happy to watch that level of football week in, week out). Orient are not at the top of the table by some weird fluke.
Anyhow, I’m enjoying the moment and will be knocking back a pint of lemonade-free shandy, or two, to celebrate.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
I will go along with the positive comments but I did think that just before the og. Orient were becoming stronger and the goal was a counter attack.
But it is typical Rovers to beat teams at the top, but struggling versus bad teams.B
This win is a platform to go on a run, to see if we can bridge that gap to the teams in the playoffs.
But one Swallow doesn't make a summer.B
One win since Boxing Day(?) at home isn't going to do it!

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Best performance for some long time and a fully deserved 3 points. Early days to judge the long term impact of the new signing but Saunders and Chalmers showed today that they are keen to make a positive contribution and their inclusion seemed to give the whole team a big psychological boost. Onwards and, hopefully, upwards.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
did KANE do more in the box today or was he out wide again hope he stays more in the box and gets greedy as with Saunders the last time we had a player who wanted to play up top and run his sacks off turned into a Rovers Legend The Lord springs to mind

Player
Manager
John King
There are less than 400 tickets available for Stockport next week, so buy now if you want to go.

I just hope the divs who were at Crewe on New Year's Day stay away.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Agree with the majority of comments here. A much improved performance today and their was a great buzz around the stadium probably helped by the recent signings. We made some really good chances throughout the game, Orient were limited in attack, no shots on target i think but the defence were superb too. Both full backs excellent in defense and driving forward, O'Connor was solid in midfield, even Merrie not my fav player was good. Hawkes and Morris were trying things out wide and Saunders looked lively. Hemmings was a bit quiet I thought and should have to make it 2-0 at the end of the game. Not sure how he missed?!

The squad is looking better now, more strength on the bench and players that should make an impact. If we put in these kind of performances for the rest of the season we will do well but can we gather some momentum and consistency now?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
D24ECAE7-3F40-4DB3-8BC9-24AA26629A09.png

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Thanks Sparky. What a sad state of affairs but that is social media for you.