• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Orient

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Leyton Orient

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Orient
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, January 28, 2023 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, January 28, 2023 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I must be in the minority but I wasn't impressed with Orient at all, they passed it around nicely at times but without really threatening, for the money they are paying in wages I expected them to be much better than that.
Credit to us for the performance and win
I haven’t seen all of the sides at the top end of the table play. Stevenage looked good, but that may be more down to how out of sorts Rovers were in the season opener. Carlisle were gifted an early goal and took full advantage. Would you say either/both were better than Orient? The visitors were lacking end product yesterday, but that apart, played some decent football, with a greatly changed team from their previous game.

It’s encouraging that there isn’t a vast gulf between the teams in L2, which gives us some Hope going forward.

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
What a fantastic match. It looked beyond League 2 standards from start to finish. Orient look, quite rightly, destined for League 1 but we absolutely deserved our victory today. I don't think there can be any criticism of any of our players today. If we can maintain that standard of performance there is only one direction we are headed.
My thoughts exactly, technically high quality early doors but probably not too entertaining- but that picked up as it went on. In the last six matches I would argue Tranmere have been best in all and have got as low a reward as you could imagine.
Bristow in the last two games has been a revelation, trying to attack when the odds are even against him now. Merrie and Hawkes covered him brilliantly. It means now the left flank like the right is somewhere the opponents have to defend not attack.
Merrie and O'Connor did brilliantly in holding their fluid system so the central defenders had little pressure.
Is McAlear injured? I presume Nolan will either go out or just see his contract out now?That was the first time in living memory, Hemmings had two chances both missed but they were created and the technique he uses always bodes well. Interestingly Hewelt seems to pass his way out like a midfielder, looks like he has played out at some point.
It does appear Tranmere sign desperately in summer and waste money then sign wisely in winter, but the whole scheme is undermined by the better players walking away. Morris was a huge plus in staying, doubt Cogley will but maybe just the one this time?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I haven’t seen all of the sides at the top end of the table play. Stevenage looked good, but that may be more down to how out of sorts Rovers were in the season opener. Carlisle were gifted an early goal and took full advantage. Would you say either/both were better than Orient? The visitors were lacking end product yesterday, but that apart, played some decent football, with a greatly changed team from their previous game.

It’s encouraging that there isn’t a vast gulf between the teams in L2, which gives us some Hope going forward.
Decent football without any end product is not much use as they are now starting to find out, they are a better footballing team than Stevenage but to me Stevenage are a lot better at what they do.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Decent football without any end product is not much use as they are now starting to find out, they are a better footballing team than Stevenage but to me Stevenage are a lot better at what they do.
Carlisle are the best side I have seen this season. They caused as a host of problems in both matches, as did Stevenage on the opening day.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
I will be there but in the home areas As my boss is a county fan and has got the tickets

• Wow
Reactions: Boz

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I probably wouldn’t be too critical against the opposition. We played them at a good time when they are having a dip in form but they have been up there all season so certainly not a bad team at all.

I also think our defence deserve a huge amount of credit for keeping them at bay. We were solid yesterday.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
Also another plus for rovers is for once we have won against a team in poor form if we keep playing like we have in recent games we are going to batter someone soon Hope fully

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I probably wouldn’t be too critical against the opposition. We played them at a good time when they are having a dip in form but they have been up there all season so certainly not a bad team at all.

I also think our defence deserve a huge amount of credit for keeping them at bay. We were solid yesterday.
Yes, no criticism of our performance which was excellent.

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
While a few so called fans seem furious Tranmere won this sums up the outside view, not convinced myself however.

"If you'd said at the start of the season, where will Tranmere be, you'd say they'll be top six because every time they're in League Two, they're in the top six," Wellens told the club website.

Need another 34 points?