• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

EFL Trophy Rovers v Leeds U21

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leeds U21

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Leeds U21
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Tuesday, October 4, 2022 - 07:00 PM
Until: Tuesday, October 4, 2022 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Rovers are in action again on Tues night in the EFL Trophy where they take on Leeds U21.
Love it or hate it I'm sure Micky will be making some changes for this game with a few fringe players making the starting XI.

Im starting to feel these games are a real hindrance to the league but at least it gives the fringe players some game time albeit against a bunch of kids.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
It's a good opportunity to give some of the squad valuable game time, Jameson Hughes Bryne Nolan Hewelt and Burton hopefully will start.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Given the financial incentives for winning/progressing in this competition, I suspect that we are conflicted between B teams creeping into competition with FL clubs and the money that we can earn.

In terms of line-up, I think this will be fairly strong. With Robinson injured again, we don't have the option of resting Bristow and JDC unless opting for 3 at the back and wing-backs. That seems unlikely. Giving the indication from Micky that Byrne and Jamieson will play, with Hewelt replacing Doohan, the defensive selection is fairly straightforward. Up front, Hemmings seems to be lacking confidence at present and arguably needs the match time more than Nevitt. I'd pair him with Burton, but MM may be more inclined to have another go with Lewis up top. In midfield, plenty to chose from, it would be good to see Lomax getting match time after his encouraging cameo v notlob.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
As the injury situation has improved, I think fewer of the regulars will play compared to the game against Bolton a couple of weeks ago. I think Turnbull, Simeu, O'Connor, Morris and Hemmings will all be wrapped in cotton wool.

I think Jameson is capable of playing left back so Bristow might also be rested, albeit players of his age and fitness tend to have boundless energy. I would imagine Nevitt and Lewis will start as a front pairing again. I agree that it would be good to see Lomax again, if possible.

I hate missing home games, however unattractive the match. However, due to the presence of an under 21 team I will be watching on Ifollow.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I thought it was interesting that MP asking the inevitable question regarding this competition in the Q&A due to the general negativity surrounding it. Would you go to Wembley if we got there?

Player
Manager
John King
I thought it was interesting that MP asking the inevitable question regarding this competition in the Q&A due to the general negativity surrounding it. Would you go to Wembley if we got there?
Yes, provided we were not playing an under 21 team. I go to the matches against proper teams, just not the youth games.

I pay an Ifollow fee, so the club still receives money from people who don't attend.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Nevitt and O'Connor only players from sat who start tonight, Hughes and Merrie full backs

Player
Manager
John King
It will be interesting to see how Nevitt and Burton get on up front. It might be Merrie and O'Connor as full backs.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Good to mix it up a bit for these games. Hope they perform well.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Lewis with what looked like a cross curls over the keeper and into the net. 1-0.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
2-0. Hughes. Great move from midfield, little side step on edge of box and curls it past the keeper. Great goal.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
2-1. Perkins pounces on the save from the keeper and slots it away. Bit of poor defending really.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Gelhardt not challenged on the edge of the box, pops a shot, its in. 2-2.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
2-3. Wow

Gelhardt with a brace. Looks like a good player. Side steps the keeper after a great through ball from Perkins.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Gelhardt has had some sub appearances in the premier league so we can’t be shocked if he’s decent at this level

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
3-3

Bit of a scramble in the box, Byrne pokes it in on the line.