• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Franchise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Bit of a wait since our last home game, the Cup defeat to Cheltenham. That was followed by the poor 2nd half at Exeter. Les talked about a back to basics approach and has had a couple of weeks off to work with the squad and hopefully come up with some solutions to our current difficulties. Although the absence of a clinical finisher remains a problem.

It seems a lifetime since Dale was tearing the Franchise apart in a 4-2 win, with a penalty apiece and both sides reduced to 10 men. Our home form against them has been patchy, while they are on a good run at present.

Along with the long-term absentee, OFW, o/s has Devaney and Enoch as doubts. Zoum isn't mentioned, but he's well off the starting line-up, so this may not indicate he's fit. Think Martin will be the bigger loss here. Robbie Weir is available again after suspension.

I'm unsure that there is a great deal to gain by way of changing the line-up. At the back, there is McChrystal, but given Ash has been playing better that Goodi recently, it would be harsh to drop Taylor. While we do need more forward movement from the full-backs (time to revive the Weir at right-back option?), can't see Les changing either. Further forward, expect a recall for Weir, but perhaps Joss will stay in the side at the expense of McGurk. Subject to any injuries picked up during the week, would expect at least 9 of the Exeter losers to keep their places.

Prediction: Franchise don't bring that many away and coupled with the time of year and iffy weather forecast, can't see them bringing many more than 100. Rovers recent poor form and performance doesn't make this an attractive fixture for home support, so will do well to scrape 4k.
Really can't see us getting anything of of this one; 0-2.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It will be good to get back to Prenton Park after a fortnight of cold turkey.

Four of our next six matches are at home so we are actually entering a crucial phase of the season, and desperately need to halt our recent slide. MK are on a great winning run, but do appear weak at the back: whether Rovers can exploit this weakness given their recent struggles in front of goal remains to be seen.

Despite some of the ranting on certain other websites, I would not change personnel or formation, assuming Devaney does not start. As Boz has commented, only McChrystal offers a positive alternative, and Taylor does not deserve to be dropped. A lot of our recent problems stem from our inability to defend as a team rather than individual deficiencies, or a weakness in the formation, which has worked perfectly well defensively for the majority of the season.

Playing 4-5-1 took us into the top six in the first three months of the season, and can still be successful if we become miserly at the back again.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Can't drop Ash. Not only has he been better than Goodi recently, he offers a genuine goal threat when at a time that we're not scoring, it kind of gurantees his place in the team...unless he playing really badly.

I expect Weir back in as Les trys to get back to basics and playing how we were a couple of months ago.

As we're playing against a free scoring side full of confidence, I expect we wont create much/keep it very tight, and hopefully we can nick a goal...but the defence that hasnt impressed of late,will be tested plus the keeper who came from Leeds with his confidence shot, wont have enjoyed conceding 3 on his debut.

They have natural scorers at this level in Macdonald and Bowditch and given their form, I cannot see them not scoring so I am being more negative than usual and can't see us getting anything from this one (here's hoping I am wrong).

Player
Jimmy Harvey
If they score first they will win simple as.

If we can keep it tight and nick something we may get something from the game would be happy with a 0-0 bore draw tbh just to stop the slide.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The way we have been playing recently coupled with MK Dons' free scoring displays, I'm not at all feeling confident about this one.

All this nonsense about them having a week off blah blah.. makes no difference. Like TBBE says, if they score first, we could be in trouble.

Hope I'm wrong.

Nice to be back though. :-D

tea for two

Player
johnny morrissey
last season s game was a cracker but we had Dale Jennings and Ian Thomas Moore.hopefully MK dons can bring out the best out of us.

the ground going to be very heavy though but still heres hoping for a good performance and 3 points.

we need to get the home wins and try and get back into the top 6.still plenty of time.:cool:

DIW

Player
Goodison
Agree with most of whats been said. here's an opportunity for us to bet back to winning ways, but we need to be tight at the back and grind something out. I think well know an exhibition of free flowing football is unlikely.

Unfortunately if we concede first we pretty well have no hope of winning.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Even I think we're going to lose this convincingly and I always think we're going to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.