• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Exeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Could have done with Bournemouth and Rochdale winning today to make Exeter's chances of reaching the play-offs that more remote and keep Yeovil in the relegation mix, instead of virtually safe.

Unsure what to expect in this one. Think it was Mal who said in another thread along the lines that we usually can rely on Exeter to get us out of trouble. However this season we've lost at home to sides like Orient and Hartlepool, who hadn't won @PP in ages, so superstition doesn't seem to be on our side. Exeter are a footballing side rather than a bunch of cynical cheats, potentially that makes them more dangerous. Jamie Cureton is still a handful up front.

My hope would be that we start with the side that finished at Hartlepool, in a 442, with Showumni and McGurk up front, Jenno on the left and Robbo on the right. However, expect Les to go with his favoured 433, which has yielded some decent results against the better sides. Enoch and Dale did pick up knocks in the North-East, but both likely to be available.

Prediction. I'd hope we could get something out of this one, a point would be near to making us safe, but a nagging doubt remains. Back to a normal crowd of just under 5k.

M

Mal

Hope we win because I have read a rumour that Plymouth may yet go to the wall and we'd lose six points. Haven't checked the record of those below us against Plymouth but it could be a problem if it happens and Plymouth had actually beaten them.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
plymouth wont go to the wall during the season that is a cert the season is over in less than 2 weeks

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yep, feeling a little unsure here. We aren't playing particularly well at the moment (some may argue all season!) but Exeter have had an excellent season and will be fighting for a top six finish. The have a host of tricky strikers too. Cureton, Logan and Nardiello. Tricky game.

A point would be OK all things considered.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
In some ways it would make sense to start with a 4-3-3 against a high flying side, but I would stil like to see us try Enoch and McGurk up front for a full ninety minutes before the end of the season. Given that a change to the formation is unlikely, I would at least hope that Jennings and / or Robinson will start to freshen things up a bit.

Tomorrow's game looks much tougher now than it did a few weeks ago, and we will need to significantly up our performance from the last two matches if we are to take anything from it. Exeter have a reputation as a decent footballing side, so it would be nice if we would keep the ball on the ground and make a decent game of it.

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
Injuries permitting he will play exactly the same team as he has the last two games.

Prepare for a sore neck.

DIW

Player
Goodison
And why wouldn't he? Akins has been immense recently.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
the reason akins shouldnt be picked is because he is just not good enough doesnt score any goals or set up many goals and he is 1 of our forwards thats why oh and he wasnt immense against notts county

DIW

Player
Goodison
Ha ha! I was being highly sarcastic. Perhaps I should have clarified it with a Smilie, but I was expecting anyone to think i was being serious.

Akins? Immense?

Immensely crap.

CanCan

Player
Pat Nevin
Tough one today Exeter are a good side with plenty still to play for. If les sticks with his normal line up we will be in trouble, just hopes he sees sence and drops akins, but then again probably more chance of gaddafi buying a house in west kirby than that happining.

DIW

Player
Goodison
Ha ha! I was being highly sarcastic. Perhaps I should have clarified it with a Smilie, but I was expecting anyone to think i was being serious.

Akins? Immense?

Immensely crap.

I am eating my words a little bit.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
How do they taste?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
fair play to lucas today for 2 goals didnt see that happening and also a good team performance

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
Went to the game today !

i thought we played really well and never aloud EX to settle ,

but the chances of them ( exc) getting into the game and gaining a foothold would have been the constant mistakes from IG ...

Maybe it just late in the season for centre-halfs and ian,s played in most but he could have cost us today ...

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Interesting that you say that about Goodison, I didn't think he was that bad

CanCan

Player
Pat Nevin
Agree with boz I feel goodison had an ok game today. We Played well today can't really fault any of the side even akins, despite the 2 goals, I still haven't changed my opinion. Felt Exeter weren't at their best and felt weir had his best game in rovers shirt today hopefully sign of things to come.

DIW

Player
Goodison
Goodison did okay but doesn't look as comfortable on the left side of centre back. Simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.