• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Cherries

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Last season Bournemouth were one of the better sides at PP, winning comfortably 0-3 early in the season. Since then, they've had a change of manager and sold a couple of their players, so likely to be weaker this time round. Definitely better on their travels, so won't be an easy game.

When we put up a good show against one of the top sides at Huddersfield, this didn't translate into a win in our next home game, which was lost instead. So imo performing well at Preston doesn't promise a comfortable victory in this one.

Unlike after Huddersfield, when Max Power was surprisingly dropped after a good debut, I can't see Les altering the team from Preston, unless injuries make it necessary. As Buchanan and Raven picked up minor knocks, probably will have Zoum and Kay on the bench, just in case although more attacking alternatives would be nice. Robbo some way from fitness, Devaney won't be risked, but may feature as a sub. Presumably instead of Joss, though Tiryaki apparently had a below par showing for the reserves midweek.

Prediction. I vacillate between a draw and a Rovers win. My fear is the Scouse derby means a struggle to get 4k through the gate.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Last season Bournemouth were one of the better sides at PP, winning comfortably 0-3 early in the season. Since then, they've had a change of manager and sold a couple of their players, so likely to be weaker this time round. Definitely better on their travels, so won't be an easy game.

When we put up a good show against one of the top sides at Huddersfield, this didn't translate into a win in our next home game, which was lost instead. So imo performing well at Preston doesn't promise a comfortable victory in this one.

Unlike after Huddersfield, when Max Power was surprisingly dropped after a good debut, I can't see Les altering the team from Preston, unless injuries make it necessary. As Buchanan and Raven picked up minor knocks, probably will have Zoum and Kay on the bench, just in case although more attacking alternatives would be nice. Robbo some way from fitness, Devaney won't be risked, but may feature as a sub. Presumably instead of Joss, though Tiryaki apparently had a below par showing for the reserves midweek.

Prediction. I vacillate between a draw and a Rovers win. My fear is the Scouse derby means a struggle to get 4k through the gate.

They've sold more than a couple, their first team has been ripped to shreds. Nice use of vacillate.

Having spoken to a B'mouth fan yesterday, it seems they have improved in recent games, perhaps as their squad is beginning to gel. Expecting 3 points here though, of course.

I too expect an unchanged line-up.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
This is the kind of game we have to win if we have aspirations of mounting a play off push, it is as simple as that. The performance at Preston was much better than at Huddersfield, certainly in terms of the quality of our passing, so I am hopeful that we will carry on in the same vein on Saturday. Hopefully the 4-3-3 will work better against an open, footballing side like Bournemouth, than some of the more negative opponents who have visited us.

It will be interesting to see how Baxter performs having had time to settle in, and from Les's comments it seems unlikely Robinson or Devaney will have any serious involvement.

I am looking forward to this one, and predict a Rovers victory.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Im going for a 2 1 home win and expect the tame to be the same as last week

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Having not gone to Preston I am looking forward to seeing how Baxter does.

Les won't change anything unless its enforced. I suspect he would have liked to tinker with the front men (apart from Akins who is on fire).

McGurk & Enoch havent impressed recently IMO albeit both havent been 100% fit. Les would I am sure have liked to put pressure on them by having a decent replacement but with Robbo/Devany out and Tiriyaki not good enough, he'll have to persist and hope they start contributing more on a regaulr basis.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Les often exaggerates injuries and recovery times, so I wouldn't be surprised if he names both Robbo and Devaney in the squad. If so, we will have everyone available apart from McChrystal. I doubt that will happen again this season as the heavy pitches cause injuries and the bookings accumulate into suspensions.

The defence and defensive midfield chooses itself, but for the first time since he took over, he will have the welcome problem of whom to leave out of his front four. I hope he starts with the same team and keeps Robinson and Devaney back for Tuesday, but I have a feeling he'll spring the odd surprise.

Bournemouth are not doing particularly well and are missing a few players. With our quality and home advantage, we SHOULD win. If we don't, I think we may struggle again this season.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
They have won their last 2 away games so will have some confidence.

Not wishing to be negative but if we don't win, I suspect most fans will expect no more than us floating about mid table all season (which is a positive bearing in mind where we finished last season) but a shame when the early signs of the season went so well and on our day we can compete with anyone.

Plus attendances will probably continue to slide...

Here's hoping for a 4-0 win and onwards and upwards !

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
2-0 win. Baxter getting both.