• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Carlisle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The first of two home games, on paper both winnable, but given our injury crisis it's hard to feel that confident. Raven and Curran(if he starts) playing on opposing sides against former clubs. Last season was the game of missed penalties, Rovers winning 2-1 think an ITM winner. Where is he now, I wonder :-k

Injury doubts about Goodi and Enoch along with the 3 known absentees. Talk on the o/s of bringing in a player on loan, no mention of whether in midfield or defence. If this doesn't materialise, then expect us to start with the same side as Saturday, save with Tiryaki replacing Enoch, regardless of fitness.

Prediction. We don't seem to do that well on Tuesday games at home. Throw in our injury woes and it's not hard to see us losing this. Carlisle aren't in great form either though. Being optimistic, 1-1 before 4.6k.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
If your predictions were always right, we would be relegated every season by some margin. The side that lined up on Saturday should be more than capable of winning on Tuesday night. If they weren't, they wouldn't have contested so strongly against Huddersfield at the Galpharm.

The first of two home games, on paper both winnable, but given our injury crisis it's hard to feel that confident. Raven and Curran(if he starts) playing on opposing sides against former clubs. Last season was the game of missed penalties, Rovers winning 2-1 think an ITM winner. Where is he now, I wonder :-k

Last I heard he was on trial at Stocko.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
If your predictions were always right, we would be relegated every season by some margin. The side that lined up on Saturday should be more than capable of winning on Tuesday night. If they weren't, they wouldn't have contested so strongly against Huddersfield at the Galpharm.

ITM has apparently retired. He probably wishes with hindsight that he had stayed at Rovers rather than following Daddy to Rotherham and given our current striker problems, he would have been handy to have around.

The side that lined up at the Galpharm weren't capable of scoring that day, which makes winning difficult. I wouldn't accept it follows that because we fought hard at Huddersfield a win over Carlisle is a given, although we are, on our day, able to beat any L1 side.

Finally, if my predictions were always right I'd have backed myself at the bookies, got enough money to buy out PJ, invested in players and we'd be in the Championship now :lol:! Sadly, life's a bitch...

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
On paper this has all the hallmarks of a 0-0 draw ! Carlisle on a poor run and our strikers just cannot score, I hope I am wrong.

Games come thick and fast and we do have a problem in the forward positions. McGurk still has fitness issues, Akins is hit and miss, and Enoch seems injured again with Tiriyaki still a long way from a regular starter and goalscorer.

Once again - I would go for a scrappy 1-0 win.

Player
Jimmy Harvey
After looking pretty tothless on saturday I would like to think Les may shake things up a little bit. Carlisle have been on a poor run of form and has seen them turn in some pretty dire performances. Many of their fans are calling for manager Greg Abotts head.
While we have injuries and with no loanees coming into the side I would opt in favour of shifting to 442 in order to apply pressure to the shakey Carlisle back line and to give support and ammunition to a stuttering Rovers attack. I would like to see something along these lines:

---------------Fon Williams------------

Raven----Taylor--------Goody---Buchanen

Akins------Weir-------Welsh-----Bakayogo

-------Chicken-----------McGurk----------

subs:
Kay
Ladabie
Power
Coughlin
Showumni

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
without robbo 4-3-3 does not work very well and we should try 4-4-2 but i cant see it happening.

im going for a 1 1 draw

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I thought the 4-3-3 worked well in the second half on Saturday when Tiryaki came on and Weir bombed forward more. We created chances, we just didn't take them. As has been said above, the concern is that Goodison / Enoch / McGurk will all probably play, but none are 100% fit. I would definitely start with Mustafa ahead of Enoch.

On paper this is the tougher of the two home games, but Carlisle are not pulling up any trees and it is certainly winnable. Four points from the next two games should keep us in touch with the top six, and hopefully we will get them, as Robinson and Devaney are apparently liely to be back for the Preston game.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
The side that lined up at the Galpharm weren't capable of scoring that day, which makes winning difficult. I wouldn't accept it follows that because we fought hard at Huddersfield a win over Carlisle is a given, although we are, on our day, able to beat any L1 side.

We didn't just "fight hard" at Huddersfield, we played well, matching them in terms of possession and in the amount of chances created. Most days we would have scored at least once. The logic is fine imo, although can understand the concerns of fans who last saw us against Yeovil.

without robbo 4-3-3 does not work very well and we should try 4-4-2 but i cant see it happening.

This would be fine if we had someone who could realistically play on the right in a 4-4-2. As RLC says, don't underestimate Weir in that role - he's not Robbo, but he's good.

I will be shocked if Enoch starts given his dreadful performances this season, which I presume are related to him not being fit.

Also I pray to never ever see Zoum on the left wing again. Being fast does not make you a winger.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Also I pray to never ever see Zoum on the left wing again. Being fast does not make you a winger.

I haven't been impressed with Zoum's performances all season, to be honest. He gets in some great positions, but his final ball nearly always lets him down, as was the case on Saturday.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The sparkle of the first few games has suddenly gone a little flat after the last few results. But.. creating 10 chances at Huddersfield is a good sign, even if we missed some great chances! If we continue to play this way, and this is the right way, which I hope continues on Tuesday, we'll score a few. Les has been talking about Goodison's and Showumni's fitness so got a feeling both will start.

One of these games, the strikers will hit the sweet spot and we'll be up and running again. Showumni and chicken both need goals soon! It'll come..

Got to chuckle a little about Zoom. Hopeless winger. Just stick McGurk on the left or Akins is we are desperate. Also don't want to see Ash in the team, I think he's a weak link. Put Raven in the middle with Kay on the right.

Would be a shame not to see Max get an outing at some point after his impressive debut on Saturday.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I like Ash at CB. He was good at the weekend and doesn't deserve to be dropped. Same with Max, as you say. He did well too.

I haven't been impressed with Zoum's performances all season, to be honest. He gets in some great positions, but his final ball nearly always lets him down, as was the case on Saturday.

He continually got caught offside in ridiculous situations vs Yeovil.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Didn't get out of work in time to be able to make this, which was frustrating. Surprised at the team news given Enoch starts despite doubts about his fitness and form, while Joss comes in for Max, who by all accounts had a decent debut at the Galpharm.

tea for two

Player
johnny morrissey
tranmere are really struggling in this game 2-0 down.Andy Doyle is saying on the radio that tranmere need to string 4 or 5 passes together.doesn't look too good at the moment.

les will have to work some miracle at half time.

stevenage lead sheffeld Wednesday 4-0

Sheffield united 0 Huddersfield 3

bring back aldo

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
bring back aldo

As a striker?

Sounds like I was lucky to miss this, though we do seem to be making more of a fight of it second half. Tiryaki for Weir sounds a strange substitution.

Status
Not open for further replies.