• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Bradford

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Bradford

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Bradford
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Tuesday, September 13, 2022 - 07:45 PM
Until: Tuesday, September 13, 2022 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Rovers get back on track Tues night when they entertain The Bantams at Prenton Park under the lights.

Bradford have made a decent start to the season sitting 8th in the table, 4 points ahead of Rovers.

Former Rover Andy Cook has been banging them in this season along with young prospect Jake young. Liam Ridehalgh is also enjoying life at Bradford as their regular left back.

Rovers will looking to get back on track after a disappointing defeat against Leyton Orient. Morris is still a few weeks away but it making good progress and although as Micky described it, we are 'bare bones' I'd expect a similar side from the last game.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
I hope we can get back on track but we will have to play a lot better than we have been playing. will Glatzil play I hope so and I would drop Nevitt. but would also be tempted to drop Hemmingss both could be dropped thinking a very hard 1-0 win but would not surprise me if we lose 3-0, also just over 4600 for tomorrow with 950 away not great

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
We’ll do well to keep cookie quiet who has been in good form keeping their big summer signing Vadaine Oliver out of the side. Ahead of a tough game at Salford on Saturday we could do with getting something out of this one. The visitors spent heavily on the summer including their skipper Smallwood who played regularly for hull in the championship last season.

Prediction: draw for me

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Close to 1000 away tickets sold so far apparently

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A tough game but hopefully one we can win, going for 2 1.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Hopefully glatzel will play some part and at least is on the bench.

Reactions: Ian
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It is a difficult fixture against a side in reasonable form, but one we are well capable of winning given our home record.

As Sparky says, Bradford spent heavily during the summer and have some good names on paper, although how effective Mark Hughes will prove as a manager at this level in the long term remains to be seen.

The big tactical decision for Micky is whether to stick with the 442 diamond, or revert to five at the back now that Simeu is available. I think he will probably opt for the former, with a line up similar to the one that started at Orient. Personally, I would give McAlear some time out of the side, as he has struggled recently and we have options in the centre of midfield.

I think Glatzel will be on the bench.

I would guess the attendance will be about 6,000, with just over 1,000 from West Yorkshire.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Agree about Mcalear. He’s played most if not all games and has looked a bit jaded of late. We’ve got Lewis who isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but can do a job

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
I think there will be 3 or 4 goals in this. Could go either way - hoping we can pick up the points. If Micky has seen enough of Simeu in training he might be tempted to give him a start in a back five/three.
If Glatzel is anywhere near fit i think he'll play a significant part even if he doesn't start.
On his day McAlear should be in the side so I hope he is recharged and refreshed and ready to go.
On a separate note Nolan's fitness must've improving all the time and we may yet see more of what he can do.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
If we haven’t got a left-footer available in central defence then we shouldn’t be playing 3 central defenders. I can see the argument for resting McAlear, while it will be interesting to see if Glatzel makes the squad. I have my doubts.

Bradford have been quite inconsistent though Cook is certainly having a good start to the season. I’m unsure how this game will go, but with a few difficult games ahead Rovrs could do with a win.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The club are trialing being able to but ticket on the day without the increased cost, the trial runs for the rest of this year

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It will be interesting to see what difference it makes, if any. Probably not a great impact but with crowd numbers falling any extra through the gate is a positive.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Makes sense. Is there a reason you cant pay cash at turnstiles anymore? Or even the ability to use your card/phone to pay as cash transactions seem to be dying out anyway.

Player
Manager
John King
The cash payments at the turnstile were stopped due to theft, which seems sensible. I think the club are going to trial a contactless gate in the near future, although I would guess the cost of setting that system up could be prohibitive.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I think the club are going to trial a contactless gate in the near future, although I would guess the cost of setting that system up could be prohibitive.
It really shouldn't be, every man and his dog seems to have a PDQ device these days (including the catering). I'm surprised the man selling the Equaliser tickets doesn't have one yet!

Reactions: Ian
Player
Manager
John King
I think there are also concerns about adults gaining entry at child rates if there is a contactless gate, which is why very few (if any) clubs permit entry that way.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes years ago you had lots of people flouting the age rules. 18 year olds trying to get in for under 16 and all that (so I heard anyway!).

Now it is all automated people are charged at the correct rate which is fair enough.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
With the current system, I could go online, but a child’s ticket and present it at the gate. All they do is scan the barcode, they don’t look at the ticket. Phones shows pass, entry for a fiver. Not that I’ve EVER tried that of course.

You can get round most systems if you really want to. I would concentrate on making it as accessible for fans as possible. It’s either bums on seats (money) or empty seats (no money).

I would assume only the minority would take advantage anyway, like most things in life. You would like to think most people are law abiding citizens.

Player
Manager
John King
With the current system, I could go online, but a child’s ticket and present it at the gate. All they do is scan the barcode, they don’t look at the ticket. Phones shows pass, entry for a fiver. Not that I’ve EVER tried that of course.

You can get round most systems if you really want to. I would concentrate on making it as accessible for fans as possible. It’s either bums on seats (money) or empty seats (no money).

I would assume only the minority would take advantage anyway, like most things in life. You would like to think most people are law abiding citizens.
I would agree in respect of contactless payments, but not cash on the gate. The potential for theft of cash by gatemen is immense, as there is no way of effectively auditing the takings on a game by game basis. I think theft was costing the club tens of thousands per season.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, agreed. Cash is pretty much discouraged in these times anyway and technology has moved on.