• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Blades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Another big game. Hopefully the Blades wil bring a few thousand to make a decent atmosphere.

They will be full of confidence with 3 wins from 3 games and coming back from 0-2 down on Tuesday to win 3-2.

I was wondering whether Les would bring in Akins for McGurk but he has said he'll play Zoom on the left (possibly as we're playing a decent team) with Kay in for Raven. Don't expect any other changes unless Goodi doesnt make it (lets hope he does).

I just hope that if we lose, all the optimism from the opening 2 league games doesnt disappear.

We also need a bit more from Robbo and now Enoch to come to the fore in terms of goals. I wonder also whether he may be tempted to bring Joss in for Weir.

Like Les has said, over the last couple of seasons, Norwich, Saints, Leeds etc have all been beaten so we are more than capable.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Saturday's game could tell us a lot about how we are going to fare this season, as United are clearly a cut above the majority of sides at this level. It will be interesting to see how resilient we are after Tuesday's disappointment, particularly with the absentees.

I think McGurk is the biggest loss, as he is been instrumental in a lot of our best play this season. I quite like the idea of bringing in Joss for Weir, who I think has been generally quiet apart form his goal on the opening day.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'm sure Les's motivational skills will make them more determined to do well after Tuesday's bad luck. Unlike last season, we've got good cover, i.e. competition, for each position. Les has already shown he's willing to ring the changes by dropping both full-backs for the Leyton Orient game. I expect Kay to stay in the team and it would make sense to leave Labadie in after his great equaliser. I would have expected McGurk to be replaced by another forward (Akins) but Les has hinted he'll play Bakayogo. I can't really see Zoom playing up front, so I'm expecting a more defensive formation than normal for home games. Tiryaki has not even been on the bench recently, but I expect him to play some part on Saturday.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
clearly a very tough game this we dont want back to back defeats to nock our confidence suppose id settle for a draw 1 1

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Saturday's game could tell us a lot about how we are going to fare this season, as United are clearly a cut above the majority of sides at this level. It will be interesting to see how resilient we are after Tuesday's disappointment, particularly with the absentees.
Totally agree with this. The Blades have settled into L1 rather more smoothly than I'd anticipated and managed to hang onto some of their talents for now, plus, as Youth Cup finalists, they appear to have cause for optimism. They've also got a reasonable record against us at PP. It's a bit of an unknown to see if the loanee-free Rovers, with improved team spirit will use any sense of injustice from Tuesday to spur them on.

Zoum for McGurk is Les' stated choice and I don't think he's as good a crosser of the ball as Adam. Kay will come in for Raven. If Joss does play, it will be at the expense of Robbo rather than Weir. Devaney doesn't seem to have kicked on in terms of improving his fitness, but there is no alternative. The signs are that Goodison will be fit enough to play with a bandaged head.

If Rovers show the right mental attitude, we can get something from this one, if we don't could get hammered. Expecting a crowd of close to 7k, with a good away turnout.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, huge game in terms of quality. One of the toughest sides we'll face at Prenton Park so we really must be on our game. Goodison will be trotting out, I have no doubt about that, besides I would hate to face The Blades without him.

Let's keep the new improved risk taking Rovers and really make a good game of it. Really looking forward to this. SWA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.