• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Barrow

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Barrow

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Barrow
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, October 1, 2022 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, October 1, 2022 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
well it's going to be a hard game with them doing great but with the Magnificent whites me and my family are heading to New York for a week A holiday for them but i have something that might happen so we wait and see looking forward to it

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
yea I am doing work stuff for 3 days then have 4 days shopping and seeing places also think we will win 2-0

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Enjoy AM! I think this will be a tough game against a team bang in form and they’ll want to recover quickly after their recent 2-0 loss to high flying Orient. However, it will also be a good test for us to see how we can handle a team in the top six now that we seem to have stabilised a little.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Really looking forward to this one; apart from anything else it seems like ages since I've watched us play. I haven't been able to make the away or Tuesday matches so it was Colchester on August 27th - and I had to look that up! A football free September! Wow! :speechless:

It's got to be a "W".

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Although they have had a decent start to the season if we can play anywhere near our best we should beat them. It will be interesting to see what the team is but I fancy a home win 2 1.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Also it's the return of George Ray and Sam Foley

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
despite their loss to table topping orient last week, the visitors who finished 22nd last season have had a great start to the season under new manager Pete Wild. Wild who left Halifax last season replaced exFGR manager mark cooper And has had Sam foley at the heart of their midfield. Ben Whitfield was a good signing from Stockport and josh Gordon has scored 7 league goals this season. They also have the tricky Robbie gotts, and ex rover mark ellis In their squad and sit 4th in the table.

as for micky will Nevitt Come back in? My guess is yes as Lewis didn’t stand out last week and Elliot got the winner. Or would micky prefer elliots impact from the bench and give burton a go at home? I’d be tempted to. O’Connor missing so I’m guessing merrie will keep his place alongside mcalear with Morris and hawkes out wide if they are both fit. Same back 4 and keeper and we’re good to go. Unless micky sticks with Rhys Hughes but I’d prefer us to be positive with Morris and hawkes if available

Prediction. A narrow home win But we’ll do well to keep a clean sheet. From 10 games barrow have won 7 and lost 3. Rovers spirits should be positive after our recent form so let’s hope we can carry it on

Last edited:

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Tom Davies is back in training though will be a while before he is in contention to be in the squad.
We have several options in the defence with Jameson back and also midfield its just a shame we don't have many options up front. I would go 4 2 3 1 for this game with Hawkes Mcaleer and Morris the 3 behind Hemmings

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Any news on Jolley? He seems to have been out for a while.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Barow's squad does not look that great on paper, containing a lot of the names that played in their struggling side last season. Pete Wild is a decent manager and it seems the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. However, I agree with Sparky that Gotts is a talented player and Gordon is their obvious danger man.

Lee O'Connor is available again and from Micky's interview it sounds like Morris will start the game. I don't think there is any chance Mellon will change formation after the last three results, so I expect us to line up in a 442 with Hemmings and Nevitt up front. The big question is whether Merrie or McAlear will partner O'Connor in midfield. Merrie gave a pre-match interview and Micky was quite critical of Reece last week, so I think Merrie will get the nod.

Barrow obviously have something about them, but if we are near our best there is no reason why we can't get three points. I think the gate will be about 5,500 with 400 from Cumbria.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes of course O’Connor is back. Got my matches mixed up! I wonder if Micky may be tempted to start him on the becnh after being away with Ireland and not to change a winning partnership of merrie and Mcalear although the latter hasn’t been great of late. as much as some people think micky doesn’t like merrie I’m sure he’ll start. The question is whether having him and O’Connor who are both sitting midfielders playing as the two in the middle would work. Pleased Morris is fit.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Merrie has played well recently and it would be a shame to leave him out.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I thought Barrow would improve after an astute move for Wild as their new manager, but not to have started this well. Will last weekend's defeat to Orient have burst their balloon, or just be a temporary glitch? We'll find out this Saturday. Of the ex-Rovers, Sam Foley has done really well, being a regular starter, perhaps a player who was slightly undervalued during his year with Rovers. The other ex-Rovers, Ellis is out of favour and probably not making the bench, while Josh Kay is banned following a sending-off v Orient.

I'd agree that it will be 442 again. It's good that Morris is now deemed fit enough to start. Midfield otherwise hard to call. Same four at the back and while Hemmings arguably needs resting don't think this is the game to try that., so back to a pairing with Nevitt after the Lewis experiment failed.

Train strikes mean I won't make this one, hard game to call, though we need a win to keep on pushing up the table.

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
It’s a shame to see crowds dropping; sign of the times.
Hope it’s not a case of two steps forward and one step back, with a hat-trick of wins being the order of the day.
Let’s prove they’re on barrowed time with a comfortable win (a rare thing indeed ).
2-0 Rovers and we jump into the top half of the table; what could go wrong.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
O'Connor Morris and nevitt come in Lewis Hughes and mcaleer drop to bench

Reactions: Ian

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Team changes not a surprise. Glad we’ve got Morris and Hawkes starting