• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Accrington JPT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Will we finally see a home win at PP or will the Rovers fugitives Barnett, Parky and perhaps Gornell (good sense would suggest as we let him go for free, a clause preventing him playing is apt) stick the knife in? From the highlights of their game v Newcastle coupled with their healthy position in L2, expect a tough game.

Rovers are going to be stretched in midfield if Labadie and McLaren's injuries are as bad as they sounded, time for a debut for Max Power or Gibbs? Otherwise expecting a fairly similar line-up to that which finished the Daggers game, though Brown will probably start again.

Prediction. 1-2, with at least one old boy getting on the score-sheet. Will be interesting to see if the attendance scrapes into four figures.

O

OneNightInGayParis

I agree it will be a tough game on Tuesday, although I am sure we will play a strong team as it is also an opportunity for a confidence bossting home win. It's an outside chance but the possibility of a Wembley appearance, towards the end of what's likely to be a long and traumatic season, is not to be passed up lightly.

In terms of the attendance I think the early kick off is unhelpful - it certainly makes it difficult for the likes of me and you, Boz, to make it without taking time off work. I'm afraid I will have to give this one a miss. Having said that, the reduced admission prices should help a bit.

Fingers crossed for a win - 1-1 followed by pens?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
gornell cannot play in the game im going for 1 0 win for us and about 1000 attendance

DIW

Player
Goodison
They would get a better crowd if they allowed season tickets holders into this one. I just can't be arsed spending the money on what will be most likely an appalling game of hoofball.

Player
Goodison
Why can't Gornell play?

Hopefully the attendance will exceed 1000, although with it been the middle of the summer holidays, Rovers been quite rubbish and the game been a JPT match I wont place a bet on it!

My prediction is 1-1 with Accrington getting through on penalties, Rovers are a bit like England when it comes to penalty shoot outs. :cry:

Will be interesting to see if Les notices that once he was forced to change to 4-4-2 we scored 2 goals against D&R and plays 4-4-2 from the start. If Labadie and McLaren are both injured I expect the side to be something like this:

Collister

Darville Blanchard Goodison Creswell

Brown Welsh Fraughan Bakayogo/Akins/ITM

McGurk/ITM Showoddywoddy

I don't know what the situation is with ITM hence all the / !

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
part of the agreement for himsigning for accrington was that he couldnt play against us tomorrow night.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Maybe we should be encouraging them to play him against us...

Player
Goodison
part of the agreement for himsigning for accrington was that he couldnt play against us tomorrow night.

Bit of a contradiction, we obviously don't think he's good enough so we get rid of him, but we don't want him to play against us in case he scores! Surely if you're that worried about him playing you don't let him go in the 1st place? Bizzare.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agree with OneNightInGayParis about the practical difficulties for us non-residents about making a 7pm ko and to an extent with DIW about the likely fare on offer. Probably won't make it, as working, but have got the spare cash from missing Swansea, so will go if I can engineer a quick getaway.

As we've signed Morrow, may get to see him at some point tomorrow, despite fitness concerns, so long as his registration goes through ok. Will be interesting to see if ITM is still a Tranmere player and whether Daddy's kissed his knee better. Given Joss is out for 3 games minimum, time to loan a midfielder from somewhere?

Player
Jimmy Harvey
We are supposedly going to sign a centre back and a midfielder before the window closes.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
At this rate when everyone is fit, wel'l have a massive squad !!

In terms of tonight, I am expecting Les to give them some sort of stern words before kick off as for 70mins on Saturday we were rubbish.

A good performance and result sets us up for an even stiffer test against Posh on Saturday.

Lose and I would really be worried about Saturday.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
We've already got 5 centre backs, plus Bakayogo and Cathalina who could fill in.

We only have Blanchard and Goodi. Zoum and Timmy aren't fit, Ash and Marlon and Wood are injured.

As for tonight, meh. I don't really care what happens as long as I'm entertained.

Player
Goodison
Wood isn't out for too long, Zoom is fit but Les has had a falling out with him over his disapperance to France over the summer.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
He's still injured. Zoum is still a left back. Don't particulaly see what your problem is with us bringing someone in.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
While there are restrictions that a certain number of first-teamers must play in the JPT, I'm disappointed that we didn't look to give the likes of Mackreth and Power a game tonight.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Huge shock that we lost on penalties !!!!!!!

We need the injuty situation to clear up quickly as we are going to be playing the likes of peterborough with not much else but kids.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
We need the injuty situation to clear up quickly as we are going to be playing the likes of peterborough with not much else but kids.

Take that as a given. The official site makes reference to John Welsh picking up a calf injury, suggesting he'll be out a few weeks. It never rains but it pours:cry:

drwhoman

NEW PLAYERS

Some of the guys joining are short term (one month) to cover our injury problems. Yes they are young but we have to remember that everyone is tight on cash these days, particularly outside the Premier League, even if some are tighter than others! (eg Rovers!). Thus, there will not be as many experienced guys just hanging around these days particularly as you are now allowed 7 subs. Therefore, the only guys on offer are really the young kids. I agree that Peterborough is going to be tough - the whole season is going to be tough! Did Moore go? I did not see his name in the transferday listing? According to the paper, Ronnie reckoned that Rovers were holding out for an extra GBP20k he was not prepared to pay! A weeks wage for a middle of the road Premier League player! Probably just as well we are out of the JPT - a nothing tournament and when you have a small squad, another 'opportunity' for injuries! I see Swansea got Peterborough away in the Carling so beating them would not have resulted in a big payday.

Status
Not open for further replies.