• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers 2 (woeful) Chairboys 0

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I was thinking more in terms of how they looked great on video, but not on the PP pitch.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Maybe the word dreadful was a bit harsh...perhaps ineffective is more appropriate...although most of the attacking players were.

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Dreadful is a bit harsh. However in the games I've seen him play so far can't recall Tiryaki seriously troubling the opposing keeper or getting into position to miss a sitter. While it's too early to write him off, he seems like the next Kithson Bain on recent showings

See I kind of have issue with anyone criticising the forward player at the moment. We play 45-------1 with the striker be it Showumni or Tiryaki isloated up fron on their own. Usually a long ball is hit from in our half in their vague direction and they are expected to bring the ball down and do something with it. Its unlikely that either will be able to turn and beat an entire defence, so more often than not they flick it on if it is too high to bring down and hold the ball up when they can. They rely on the 5 in midfield to bomb past them adding bodies to the attack hence why most goals from open play have come from either a midfielder when we have weight of numbers or from a set piece when we can get everyone forward.
Without playing 2 up top its always going to be really difficult for the lone man to score goals. I personally feel that both Enoch and Tiryaki are not being used properly.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I take the point about the difficulties of being a lone striker, detached from the midfield. However when you compare an unfit out of sorts Showumni, with Tiryaki, Enoch still manages to test and trouble the opponents defence.

Personally, I have more sympathy with Akins and especially Adam McGurk, played out of position as wingers when they are both better strikers than Mustafa imo.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Once Devaney is fit, it would certainly be interesting to see Akins played centrally given his current form.

Player
Goodison
Tiriyaki needs to be told to be more selfish, at the moment every time he gets within 20 yards of the goal he's looking to pass rather than shoot. He's obivously trying to create a good impression on Parry by being a team player rather than taking a risk and going for a few shots. If someone tells him to just play 10 yards further forward and have the confidence to go it alone a bit he could be a good player for us - his touch is generally much better than the rest of the team, and he does seem to have good awareness of where his team mates are, he just needs to be more selfish.