• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers 2 PNE 1

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Same scorers; Showumni & Robinson as Saturday and Rovers coming from behind to win, something Les couldn't achieve. Look forward to hearing the reports from those at PP tonight:-D.

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
Excellent performance with plenty of nice passes, finally been able to get the knack of long balls that actually work

Akins was woeful again but il save my slaughter of him for another time when the result isn't so good

Ronnie has achieved more in 9 days than the physio could all season

DIW

Player
Goodison
Great performance and brilliant to come from behind,. Good shifts put in by everyone. Akins - well you couldn't lack his work rate tonight, I thought he did ok for this one.

7 points in a week!

Player
Liam Palmer
A really good performance against a big, strong and combative opponent. The early setback was only temporary, equalising just after going behind seemed to know the stuffing out of Preston.

Second half seemed to be drifting, then we got hold of the game and scored the winner after several periods of pressure. The winning goal was brilliance by Goodi and a lovely finish by Robbo.

In defence of Lucas, he ran and tried all evening and the save from their keeper to deny him a second half goal was as good as I've seen all season.

Everyone played well, the back four were immense. Wallace worked hard, Welsh was the quietest of the midfielders but still did OK. The forwards battled well, Brunt setting up Enoch superbly for the leveller.

Congrats to Ronnie and the team. A magnificent result. The only downsides: 1. the crowd. Piss poor attendance. and 2. it all means another season in League 1.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Agree that it was an excellent performance tonight, our best yet under Ronnie. I thought we were clearly the better side in the first half and edged a cagey second: Fon Williams did not have a save to make.

Enoch was back to his best in the first 45 minutes, and I thought some of the movement and link up play between the front two was great, something we have been sorely lacking in recent months.

All the back four, particularly Taylor, were good, but my man of the match would be James Wallace for the tireless work he did in the middle and his clever and efficient use of the ball.

I was always concerned when one of Preston's several talented individuals received the ball and ran at us - Mayor, Parry, Hume - but they never played as effectively as a team as we did.

Tonight was I believe the first time we have come from behind in a game to win since September 2008, in Ronnie's previous spell. Just a sign of the renewed spirit within the club.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
fantastic result ..went in the borough road ..

Enoch started slowly and cost us the first goal by fouling there player on the edge of the area...in the re-port it said it was Lucas but that was wrong !

In fact i found enoch wanting on a number of occasion tonight...but lets just put it down to Lucas atkins (easily mistaken identity!)

man of the match for me was Ian goodison by a mile ..!

Lucas did,nt put a foot wrong all night .. yet already people here.. have remarked how poor he was ..and yet let Showumbi ..off the hook completely..!!!!!

Lucas worked hard his touch was excellent and was a constant danger second half i thought

Anyway onwards and upwards..

thought players played with such spirit and fitness tonight ...

Under less parry, they would have been walking off half crippled..!

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
Akins was woeful again but il save my slaughter of him for another time when the result isn't so good

Ronnie has achieved more in 9 days than the physio could all season

He played really well and for you to say he was woefull !!..... (maybe you can see a bit of yourself in Atkins )

:cold:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Another great performance and much deserved win. 7 points in 3 games, you can't ask for much more than that especially with the form we were in. It's great to see the players really working hard, working for each other. Credit to Ronnie.

Brunt was excellent throughout I thought. Never stopped running, and caused them problems. Enoch started like a hare out of the traps, and continued to have a really good 1st half. He faded a lot in the second such was his ferociousness in the first 45.

Robbo excellent again and highly involved. It's really good to see the experienced heads stepping up to the mark and pushing the team along. I hoped this would happen for Enoch and 2 in 2 now, this is what we like to be seeing. Goals at Prenton Park. They were queuing up for the 1st one.

Akins is and will continue to be woeful. I'd play Zoom in his place everytime.

SWA!!!!!!!!!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Lucas did,nt put a foot wrong all night .. yet already people here.. have remarked how poor he was ..and yet let Showumbi ..off the hook completely..!!!!!

Lucas worked hard his touch was excellent and was a constant danger second half i thought

Are you Lucas Akins? If so, I'm afraid you did give away that free-kick, and your first touch is never close to being better than workable. But you worked quite hard and got involved, so well done you. But Showunmi scored. Such is life.

Another solid showing, Wallace, Welsh, Taylor and Robbo all having good games. Entire back 4 was very good. Preston disappointed. Hume would beat Enoch to a header. Ref was very small and linesman looked like a girl.

Player
Backayogo
I think the players are probably enjoying themselves and feel as if they have been let off the leash after the dire playing system they have been through over the past few years. It is obvious in their spirit and determination. Great to see us coming from behind and winning. Keep this up and we will be ok.

Player
Goodison
fantastic result ..went in the borough road ..

Enoch started slowly and cost us the first goal by fouling there player on the edge of the area...in the re-port it said it was Lucas but that was wrong !

In fact i found enoch wanting on a number of occasion tonight...but lets just put it down to Lucas atkins (easily mistaken identity!)

man of the match for me was Ian goodison by a mile ..!

Anyway onwards and upwards..

thought players played with such spirit and fitness tonight ...

Under less parry, they would have been walking off half crippled..!

I think you need your eyes testing, it was Akins who gave away the free kick. It was also probably Enoch not Akins who you are praising. If you're praising Akins for his touch, you can't have gone to the game - or your real name is Lucas Akins.

Player
Kenny Irons
Akins is and will continue to be woeful. I'd play Zoom in his place everytime.

SWA!!!!!!!!!

On occassions, (including the time he was on last night) Zoom's touch and distribution can be as frustratingly poor as Akins'.

Be interesting to see how long Ronnie sticks with Lucas, and the lack of alternatives may give him more opportunities than he would otherwise expect. Lucas does offer work-rate and the odd bit of magic (like when he slipped the ball round the full back to get to the by-line) but unfortunately you can't see him producing consistently.

Anyway, stick Goody left wing!!

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
I think you need your eyes testing, it was Akins who gave away the free kick. It was also probably Enoch not Akins who you are praising. If you're praising Akins for his touch, you can't have gone to the game - or your real name is Lucas Akins.

The 2 games i went to there is nothing wrong with his touch...

Played really well and was unlucky to not get on the score sheet last night !

Some of you on here , so blind ...

Based on the last 2 performances, he was as good as anybody possibly with the exception of goodison & robbo Imo !!

http://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/page/Spotlight/0,,10365~2658038,00.html
:-|

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
Ian thomas moore to come out of retirement...

Whats his touch like ? will it be good enough if we qualify for Europe???

F/me....\\:D/

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A deserved win which could have been by more goals really after a decent performance in which we made prestone look very ordinary indeed.

A nice gap of 7 points at the moment to the bottom 4 so things are looking a lot better, onwards and upwards.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Have to say I'm not that keen on ITM emerging from retirement at this point in time. If Ronnie stays and if Ian can get fully fit over the summer then maybe, but would prefer to see what Ronnie could do with Tiryaki and Cole getting a few appearances from the bench.

DIW

Player
Goodison
The 2 games i went to there is nothing wrong with his touch...

:-|

2 games and you're an authority? Maybe you should listen to the opinion of those who have seen play 30+ times.

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
10 games to go, 2 game cushion, long may the roll continue....

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The 2 games i went to there is nothing wrong with his touch...:-|
Now I know your joking. He has the first touch of an elephant, he cant dribble, he cant shoot, he has no upper body strength, he's just awful. Definite weak spot in the team.