• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rotherham 2 Rovers 0

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
A good day out, our fans were funny, we had a laugh, first half not so bad.

Second half, Rotherham were terrible, but won, and why??? beacuse of boring brian little.

His negetive tactics cost us.

Wilson saved a penalty LMAO!

Your thoughts?

M

Matthew The Rover

LITTLE OUT IN THE SUMMER

Awful tactically inept performance. No plan B from Brian. Couldn't understand why he didn't stick with the 4-3-3 that got us a 3-0 win vs Vale, shocking tactics.

Zola went off when we were playing well and he was playing well but got injured. Why not stick with the good formation that was working Brian? Nope, Boring Brian brought on Boring Danny Harrison (who I like!) when it should have been the INFORM STEVIE DAVIES who only came on 2-0 down with 6 minutes left. Baffleing.

Time to go in the summer Brian. Your boring tactics have lost us so many points this season. How many times have you played 5-3-2 (or what ever the **** you were playing today?) and those tactics have lost us games. May I suggest Oldham and Rotherham whilst dropping points at Yeovil? No how many times have you played 4-3-3 and we've won? Exactly mate, many games.

LITTLE FOR ENGLAND

Why change a winning team knob head

S

slawlane

I checked out the statistics, and it confirmed what I didnt want to see but Tranmere indeed had 0 shots on target and 1 off target, and that was Zola's shot that was balooned over the bar

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
He didn't stick with 433 because he's too defensive. He has to play at least 5 defenders when playing away from home. 0 shots on target, and 1 off target. That's pathetic! The problem with Little is that if his tactics aren't working from the start he has no idea what to do during the game to turn things around. Back to 433 on Sat then.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Went to the game ( I know an all too rare trip - but now I know why I don't bother! :twisted: ) and Tranmere were absolutely dreadful.

Went down on the train and had a giggle with some fellow Roverites, which was the highlight of the trip. The football was awful. Rotherham simply wanted it more than us, they were poor but we were worse.

Gotta be honest, and I dislike Little as much as the next one, but those chants were pathetic boys! Boring Boring Little. Yes, I don't agree that he should play 3 at the back, but we did start we 3 strikers, albeit Zola (crap again btw) not lasting long and being replaced by Harrison. But it is the PLAYERS who put on the shirt and play the game. They were, each one of them, pathetic, bar Wilson who I thought had a decent game in goal.

The red card was a joke. Jackson should go back to the school playground - when will this idiot (our captain!!!) grow up?

When you think our best effort came from Zola, a 35 yard pot shot which went closer to going over the stand than going anywhere near the goal, u get the picture of a dreadful performance. Must do better.

Ally

Player
Aldo
This was my first away game in a while, and it was appalling. Both teams were very poor and (controversial opinion on its way...) this has to be the worst Tranmere side I have ever seen. I've been watching them for over 15 years now and I've never such a lack of creativity or, er, skill before.

Starting from the back all they way to the front there's no matchwinner in the squad, apart from Greenacre, but he needs service. The players don't seem to know what they're supposed to do. Surely after playing in an attacking way against Vale, you'd want that to continue, but Little (the most cautious and unbelievably dour man in football) can't be instilling any belief in the players when he wants the team to play so negatively all the time.

Also, Rotherham is quite possibly the ****test town in the world. All in all, a sh1t day out, to a sh1t place to watch a sh1t game. Sh1t.

J

Johnny King is God

Matthew The Rover said:
LITTLE OUT IN THE SUMMER

Awful tactically inept performance. No plan B from Brian. Couldn't understand why he didn't stick with the 4-3-3 that got us a 3-0 win vs Vale, shocking tactics.

Zola went off when we were playing well and he was playing well but got injured. Why not stick with the good formation that was working Brian? Nope, Boring Brian brought on Boring Danny Harrison (who I like!) when it should have been the INFORM STEVIE DAVIES who only came on 2-0 down with 6 minutes left. Baffleing.

Time to go in the summer Brian. Your boring tactics have lost us so many points this season. How many times have you played 5-3-2 (or what ever the **** you were playing today?) and those tactics have lost us games. May I suggest Oldham and Rotherham whilst dropping points at Yeovil? No how many times have you played 4-3-3 and we've won? Exactly mate, many games.

LITTLE FOR ENGLAND

Why change a winning team knob head

I have resisted the temptaion to bring up previous threads, but can we take this as an official change of opinion about Brian Little Matthew?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think in all fairness, even those with the shiniest rose-tinted specs would have to agree that that performance was woeful.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Generally agree it was a poor performance. Would exempt Wilson and Greenacre who tried hard without achieving anything. Zola in his 20 minutes was a mixed bag, good piece of skill by the corner flag, but then passed to Rotherham defender, wild shot, which he could have carried closer to goal and which caused his injury. Defensively we were poor, certainly their 1st goal we had chances to clear and didn't. The 2nd was a mixture of good luck and poor defending. Jackson was especially poor today, even before he stupidly got himself sent off. Goodison and Sharps little better.

Can see us losing both games over the weekend and then things will get very nervy indeed.

Don't think it's funny for Rovers fans to be taking the p**s about Rotherham's financial plight. We've been there before and if hamperman wants his money back could yet be again.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
I think that our boring little chants were not pathetic! It was to get in his head that us fans liek seeing goals and attacking football not hoping we draw 0-0 which is Littles speciality. I dont care if that was pathetic but its gone on long enough this boring football that i pay to watch!

M

Matthew The Rover

Here we go the Matthew The Rover has decided to stop supporting Brian Little. This is illegal is it? I've seen enough of this **** now at places like Yeovil, Oldham and Rotherham and it's now time to say goodbye. 5-3-2 gets you nowhere.