• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Ronnie Returns

Player
steve coppell
So Ronnie Moore's back, with a big job on his hands. Let's hope he succeeds.
Good Luck RM

Player
steve coppell
True according to sources earlier. I've heard he's "delighted to be back" ....call a florist and deck his old office with flowers!
If he keeps us up the job's his, if not.......

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
Just hope he can sort this shambles out, happy with it, goes to show he shouldnt have been booted out, though I think a certain ex-England international may have had a hand in that...

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
rather odd but shouldnt have been sacked in the first place come on ronnie keep us up

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
amazed at how fast this has got out

drwhoman

RONNIE

With a key game on Tuesday PJ had to act quickly. Also probably realised that sacking Ronnie was not a smart move to start with. Him returning after the circumstances surrounding his previous demise only goes to show how flexible the modern Manager has to be, particularly if he needs the money! I wonder if we will see Ian back!! Could do no worse than our current so called 'strikers'! Lets hope we now see some passion and renewed enthusiasm from the players. We need a win Tues night.

Player
steve coppell
His return will swell the attendance - we need points as well as people...let's hope the urgency will be reflected by the team.
Who will Ronnie bring in assistant-wise?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Summerfield & Mcmahon are still at the club.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm gobsmacked....

In the circumstances, a decent appointment, someone who knows the club and has worked with a few of the current playing staff here until the end of the season at least. The o/s indicates the backroom staff remain.

However let's not get carried away. The style of football won't improve greatly and Ronnie's second coming at Rotherham was far from a success. I think he is capable of keeping us up and that will do for now.

Player
Goodison
So we've basically sacked 2 managers to go back to the one we started with](*,) Typical Tranmere.

Roachyfella

Player
Ian Muir
Well it looks like Ian Moore is back as well then.

tea for two

Player
johnny morrissey
well surprise surprise Ronnie's bAck.let's hope he can restore a bit of confidence in the team.:cool:

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Maybe hoping for Ince etc was a case of blind optimism on my part !

Ronnie is a cheap option, knows the club inside out, and can hit the ground running which is necessary given the 3 games in 7 days.

He is a proven manager at this level and I think most would agree should never have been sacked in the first place.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Player
Liam Palmer
Sensible if surprising appointment, to put it mildly. Think he will galvanise the squad and the few remaining fans. Long-term he's not for me. Remember that attendances fell dramatically under his stewardship and the football was pretty sterile. Not much good with youth development which has to be a cornerstone of our club.

On the other hand, compared to where we were now, they were golden years under Ronnie!

Expect to see ITM playing for us too.

Should give us the lift we need and keep us up. We've got an excellent defence, so unlike most managers who are appointed he doesn't have to worry there.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
Ok this was my choice yesterday and lo and behold ...

who said he would,nt. come back or PJ would ,nt. have him back ?>?

Some fans clearly don,t understand morel and business ethics

Some fans seem to understand accountancy though...!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
He was my first choice and I think this is a good move. Ronnie was obviously one of the 'vultures' Les referred to !

Tactically I think he will adopt the approach we need: play two up front, get crosses into the box and try and score some goals. Despite the reservations about his style of play, I didn't think we were particularly long ball in his last spell here, certainly not the final season.

As many people have commented, it is completely bizarre that he should be re-appointed after the controversy of his dismissal. Just another episode in the soap opera that is Tranmere Rovers. You could not make it up........