• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Ronnie Moore new Manager at Eastleigh

drwhoman

So there you go! A move to the south for Ronnie. The Manager is sacked after we beat them and they go for Ronnie!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
You can't even go five games now without being sacked and that's in the national league! Good luck to him though.

drwhoman

He will toughen Eastleigh up no question. I think there is private money behind the club? Clearly the owner demands success!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Poor Ronnie. He leaves Eastleigh apparently for personal reasons.

They've had some bad results of late so not a total surprise.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
As others said when he was appointed, it always seemed a strange move for Ronnie so late in his career. I don't know whether the 'personal circumstances' is a smokescreen but it is hard to imagine any manager being successful there, they are such a circus of a club.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
913 games in management. Hope he gets to 1000

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
From a Rovers perspective does this mean there's a risk of Eastleigh becoming promotion contenders again? Surprised how badly they'd done in the last month.

Player
Manager
John King
I still doubt they will make the play-offs. The top five this season are too good, with the possible exception of Dagenham who don't seem to have any cover for injuries (edit: did not realise Dagenham are down to sixth now). I still think Eastleigh's squad is unbalanced, with too many over-thirties and journeymen.

Apparently they are announcing a new manager this week, so their Chairman certainly does not waste any time.........

M

Mal

hope the personal reasons are not to do with family health issues. Always thought the so called betting scandal was a farcical situation for the amounts involved. Still wonder if he would have done better with the backing the Palios' now provide post demotion. Happy withMellon though.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
From what was circulating at the time of the betting scandal, it seemed clear there were issues in how he was managing the club. The betting thing gave them an excuse to get rid. Always felt if Ronnie had stayed that season he'd have kept us up

He had ample funds at Eastleigh, but doesn't seem to have made them count. He played with Mark and their personal relationship seemed good, so RM under the current regime might have worked well. One of those things we'll never find out.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Martin Allen does a Micky Mellon and leaves a league club for a national league club, replacing Ronnie at Eastleigh.

Not everyone's cup of tea but took Barnet up as champions.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I think Moore sides are more about blood, sweat and guts than skill. I am glad that events have finally landed us with a manager who shows tactical nous and who has a rapport with supporters.
Yes, Mal, Ronnie always seemed to get the best out of his sides in the first year or so. For example, he had an instant impact at Hartlepool and twice at Rovers when these sides were fighting relegation. The trouble is that after a year or so, the effect wears off and he struggles to stop them sliding down. However, he was also an unlucky manager who didn't deserve either sacking by PJ. I often wonder what would have happened if he'd stuck with Ronnie after we nearly made the L1 play-offs rather than appointing John Barnes. Maybe we wouldn't have gone up the next season but maybe we wouldn't now be in the NL.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Remember a particularly cynical Notts County side managed by Allen cheating their way to a win at PP a few years ago. Missed Beastleigh's visit last season but by all accounts they played a similar way. Sounds a perfect match.

There's still half a season left and enough games for Eastleigh to mount a serious play-off push. Allen's got Barnet out of this league already.

M

Mal

Yes, Mal, Ronnie always seemed to get the best out of his sides in the first year or so. For example, he had an instant impact at Hartlepool and twice at Rovers when these sides were fighting relegation. The trouble is that after a year or so, the effect wears off and he struggles to stop them sliding down. However, he was also an unlucky manager who didn't deserve either sacking by PJ. I often wonder what would have happened if he'd stuck with Ronnie after we nearly made the L1 play-offs rather than appointing John Barnes. Maybe we wouldn't have gone up the next season but maybe we wouldn't now be in the NL.
I actually think that had Ronnie stayed we would be treading water in lower divisions. Just good enough to avoid relegation but not good enough to progress a la Kingy.

Player
Manager
John King
Eastleigh and Martin Allen seems like a marriage made in Heaven (or Hell). Unfortunately I might have to reappraise Eastleigh's promotion chances after this appointment.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah it's not pretty but it's quite effective. Lots of games to be played, should be an interesting season.