• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rochdale 0-2 Rovers

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Now that is how you do it! SWA \\:D/

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
Unbelievable...

RM genius ...

Well done lads and congrats to the young lads who got there first taste of scoring in a league match ...brill !

DIW

Player
Goodison
Get in - we should have brought Ronnie back months ago. Another win on Saturday and we are virtually safe.

And I'd also like to thank Sheff Wed for their 96th minute equaliser.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
An excellant result what an amazing turnaround under ronnie.

Player
steve coppell
I see the second goal was fon Williams assist to Jake Cassidy - ARE YOU WATCHING CHRIS COLEMAN

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
Just got it, great performance from all

Fan support was superb

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Three points. Clean sheet. Two-goal margin. First away win for nearly five months. First senior goals for two players. Unbeaten run now five games.

It's an amazing turnaround. You have to give Ronnie a huge pat on the back. He's taken the same group of players who scraped just nine points in 18 games, changed the formation and earned 11 in five.

Having said that, you wonder what Les is feeling. He deserves some credit for assembling that squad.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Wish I'd got out of work quick enough to make this. It sounds like a very good performance, 21 shots 9 on target by Rovers, though a 2.6k crowd is small. Look forward to hearing from anyone who was there.

Having seen that Sheffield United scored 5 today, that puts our the quality of our performance in Bramall Lane in context, doubt we allowed them more than half a dozen shots on Saturday

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Great first half, dodgy second for twenty minutes and two fine finishes. Most importantly, another fantastic result. More detail to follow tomorrow.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
Tranmere where on a different planet to us tonight, physically much stronger, far quicker in their movement both on and off the ball and their control of the ball and passing prowess was far superior and Tranmere are not even one of the better sides in this league.

view from a Rochdale fan...!

drwhoman

ROCHDALE

Heh Mr Rochdale fan - on current form - yes we are!! This team can play well - we saw that at the start of the season. Too much negativity put us down the hole from which Ronnie is pulling us! We have been helped by getting some decent young loanees. First Baxter and then Wallace and Cassidy. It does pay to look after these guys. Their clubs are more encouraged to help in the future with others. Not sure why Liverpool are so reticent with their young players but who knows. Their reserves got whacked 6-0 by Ajax the other night. Maybe learning a few 'street smarts' in Div One might have done some of them no harm!

Player
Backayogo
Les might have some credit for assembling the squad but no credit whatsoever for playing them as he did. He had no idea. I know from a Player that they were told to play negative and try and nick a win. Under Ronnie we have attacking adventurous football. He should have come months ago. The revival continues.

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Great result and what sounds like another really good performance. Would love to see Tiryaki in this formation as I think he could be a real poacher for us!!

Surely PJ now shouldn't wait until the end of the season before tying Ronnie down to a longer deal?? The turnaround has been incredible and doesn't look like stopping in the nine games we have left. We know already other clubs are on the prowl for him.

Get it sorted now so we can start building a squad for next season and an attack on the play offs!! Most of these players I reckon would be happy to stay with Ronnie in charge??

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Great result and what sounds like another really good performance. Would love to see Tiryaki in this formation as I think he could be a real poacher for us!!

Surely PJ now shouldn't wait until the end of the season before tying Ronnie down to a longer deal?? The turnaround has been incredible and doesn't look like stopping in the nine games we have left. We know already other clubs are on the prowl for him.

Get it sorted now so we can start building a squad for next season and an attack on the play offs!! Most of these players I reckon would be happy to stay with Ronnie in charge??
Yes, yes and yes!!

BTW, I see Wallace has been signed for the rest of the season. Great news for the club, the fans - and for him!

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Les does deserve credit for assembling the squad. I think I recall he said it was a squad capable of promotion I think - that looks to be correct.:)

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The first half last night was the best we have played for years. We looked in a different class to Rochdale and absolutely battered them, with the only slight concern being our failure to seal the game in the first 45 minutes.

By contrast, we rocked in the period just after half time as Dale threw men forward: Akpro caused us a lot of problems after coming on as sub. We did ride our luck in this period.

However, we gradually regained our composure and took control of the game again, playing some more great stuff in the last 25 minutes. We were in total control for 3/4 of the game, and this in a match that was probably more important for Rochdale than ourselves and played in front of their own fans.

Wallace was man of the match, an excellent all round display capped by a great goal. All the back four were excellent, with the full backs in particular outstanding.

Cassidy looks a natural predator and took his goal excellently when coming on, although I think I would still prefer to see Brunt starting matches with Enoch, given his superior workrate and greater physical presence.

Just a pity that Walsall and Wycombe refuse to throw in the towel, and Rovers are not yet guaranteed safety.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Les does deserve credit for assembling the squad. I think I recall he said it was a squad capable of promotion I think - that looks to be correct.:)

Have to agree with that, I've huge admiration for Les but really did think that the squad he had was under-performing. The recent results are proof of that.

Don't know what Les is going to do next but you'd think there's a job out there for him as a scout or assistant manager at a higher level.