• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Power & Coughlin

• Thread starter OneNightInGayParis
  • Start date
O

OneNightInGayParis

Interesting to see that we have offered pro deals to these lads. Congratulations to both.

Max Power certainly has the name to succeed - I would think he's an ad mans dream if he makes it. I don't follow the Reserves but the reports all seem good. Signing another very young goalkeeper seems quite bold - not quite sure what to make of it. We seem to be at one extreme or the other - two teenagers, d-dd-dd-d-Tony Warner & Simon Miotto!

Let's hope that Max gets the opportunity next season a la Jenno, rather than being in the shoes of a Ryan Fraughan or Jack Mackreth. Including Jenno and Joe Collister we will have 6 kids in the pro ranks, which is great providing that we take some opportunities to give them game time.

Any thoughts ...

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Don't think we'll see much of Max until the end of next season. He looks a promising player though. Good lad too. Loves his footy.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I've not seen much of Coughlin, but he seems to be highly thought of. The original plan was Joe Collister as no 1 next season, but with Warner doing so well after a shaky debut, wonder if that will change.

Have seen Max Power a few times and he has potential as midfielder capable of scoring. However, as SonkORLY? indicates, with Welsh, Labadie, Ash Taylor and Weir already around, is he likely to get a look in? If we secure our safety before playing Swindon a chance for a debut from the bench, perhaps.

Player
Dave Challinor
Max And Andy

I went to the reserve game last night 2-2 with morecambe (yes i am that sad) but it is free. #-o

Andy was fairly good, personnally i think he will jump above Collister - decent shot stopper but far too small. Max came off the bench when we were 2-0 down, gave us good tempo and scored a neat volley, very vocal and always wanted the ball. =D>

Also noticed Cole Stockton - forward, playing the lone striker role, didn't get much of the ball but worked hard, decent close control and set up the equilizer. Has scored 12 goals in about 20 games for the youth team so who knows maybe another in the pipeline. :-k