• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

portuguese investment group

evo_trfc

Was in the daily post yesterday and on the bbc gossip column today. I have a strong feeling this may be a company called Best Holdings who tried to invest in Swindon earlier in the season, If this is the case i would say thanks but no thanks.

Any Investment ( which is needed) would be great but not if they are going to bring their players over!

thoughts

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, I think it is those same people mate. Realistically, they aren't going to give the club money. They are businessmen. They'll probably try and squeeze out what they can. I don't like the sound of it at all. It's hard to say without really knowing what their intentions are and what state financially the club is in.

evo_trfc

At Swindon They brought 3 of their own players to the club straight off, ! was good the others were the equivalent of playing pavarotti they were awful.

THey went to invest in Swindon but didn't due to Swindon having to many long term debts. They won't invest at all, if they do and they didn't see a return on their money they would pull the plug.

Dont like this at all

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It makes you realise how lucky we have been for 20 years having a stable, well-run club. It was obvious to me that Peter Johnson wouldn't be prepared to keep bankrolling us for ever. But let's hope he hangs on a bit longer. Like everyone else, I worry about what this group's motives are.

Whatever happens, I hope it resolves itself soon. The management and players need to know so they can start planning early for next season. We don't want all our best out of contract players to walk away.

Player
Liam Palmer
I agree, the current regime aren't perfect but at least we are locally-owned and not the plaything of some mobsters from who knows where. There's enough money in the Wirral to support a good, well-run, honest, ambitious football club without the necessity to sell-out to property-speculators, asset-strippers and carpet-baggers.

Look around you at what's happening in football and the wider economy and ask yourself whether you want to put Rovers in jeopardy? I don't! I'd rather know that my grandkids will be able to watch Rovers at Prenton Park in 50 years time than gamble with ANYONE!

SWA!

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
This investment group doesn't seem to have the best of track records so far, and I'd hope that the majority of our board are completely focused on what's in Tranmere's best interests, rather than getting out with a few quid. I think we're quite fortunate in that regard and so I'm hopeful that we'll stave off this particular advance.

Particularly bearing in mind how Ms Rogers was burned by the dodgy US-based investment firm, I'm hopeful that lightning doesn't strike twice.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Wise words NBDH, I hope Lorraine does remain vigilant in this regard. It's wise to keep in mind that these so called 'investment' groups are only in it to make themselves money, usually at the cost of those around them.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
This Portuguese investment group sound a little dodgy to say the least. Swindon will tell us that, and if they did take over I would be very wary of their actions and what they would want of the club.

It's obvious the club needs investment, but we need to look at all the other recent takeover bids at other clubs to tread very carefully. These poeple need to have the club's best interests otherwise we get a Hicks/Gillett situation which is not good for the club or the team on the field.