• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

PNE v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Annoyingly I'll miss this game too with the cheap admission and although I've seen a game at Deepdale, it didn't feature Rovers.

Preston have started strongly and feature former Rovers hero Iain Hume in attack, alongside Mellor. It sounds like they fielded a half-strength team against Saints in the Carling Cup, but only narrowly lost 2-1.

If the Baxter paperwork goes through on time, will he start in the Robinson position Donaldson filled last week or come on from the bench? My guess is the former. It doesn't seem that any of our injured players will be ready to start, but I am assuming that Goodi's stomach injury won't keep him out. So expecting a similar lineup to Wycombe otherwise.

Prediction. A good turnout, with over 1000 away fans, but I'm not hopeful of coming away with anything here.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It would be easy to write us off on Saturday. But having broken the winless run and now playing one of the division's biggest clubs away from home, we go into the match under no pressure of expectation. That means we might spring a surprise, particularly if we get a boost from Jose Baxter's arrival.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I'll be there with low expectations. Preston are very good. We are good enough to cause an upset if we play well and they have an off-day, but they are definitely good enough to grind it out against us in any other scenario.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Hume and Mellor were both rested for the Southampton game and will be a real handful for us: let us hope that Ash has a solid game. That said, we have put in some terrific peformances against the top sides this season, and maybe Baxter's or Robinson's (partial) presence will give us the little spark we need to get a result.

As of Thursday morning we had already sold 1,300 tickets so we are guaranteed our biggest away turnout for some time. Visiting Deepdale will be like a trip down memory lane for me, as I can recall some great matches there in the King era. Anyone remember our 4-0 win on the plastic pitch when we taunted the Preston fans by singing their songs ?

Player
Jimmy Harvey
I have just got my ticket and up to now 1600 have been sold with the club expecting around 4-500 others to purchase tickets at Preston. I dont have any expectations about the result in a similar way to when went to Leeds a couple of years ago and they were flying and we turned them over. I fully expect Baxter to start in the 'Robbo' role. Perhaps with both Devaney and Robbo on the bench.
My team:

-----------------Fon Williams------------------

Raven------Taylor--------Goody--------Buchanen

Akins------Weir-----------Welsh--------Mcgurk

---------------Baxter------------------------

--------------Showumni---------------------

Prediction Heart says 1-1
Head says 2-0 Preston

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Baxter wil start for sure, might be a little bit too much for Robbo who I think will be on the bench. We'll put in a decent performance here as we always tend to against the top sides, but I think Preston will be too strong for us. A draw would be great :)

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
Lets face it, we all know Humey is gonna score against us, all our ex players do, its like a farewell gift that only we ever bestow on our past players

DIW

Player
Goodison
Cannot see us winning at all. Still going though.

Status
Not open for further replies.