• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Pirates 0-1 Rovers

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Excellent performance tonight.
Was a bit worried early on as the home side started brightly, but soon enough Tranmere got a grip of the game and were unlucky only to score one goal. Blanchard missed an absolute sitter and there were other good chances for Jennings and Labadie.

Gulasci was a commanding figure in goal and made some superb saves to shut out the home side. Good to see him settling in again.

Good to see the lads rallying around, pushing the home side. It's all about putting in the effort and you can't fault that tonight. Just what we needed after a run of poor performances. [-o<

And congrats to Dale Jennings who scored his first for the club, what sounded like a superb strike.

A great result

Well done Les and the boys - boys being the operative word.

Lets leave it to the kids and we'll be ok in the longer term despite our owners attitude and inaction in all areas apart of course from taking as much money out of the club to line his pockets.

O

OneNightInGayParis

despite our owners attitude and inaction in all areas apart of course from taking as much money out of the club to line his pockets.

Bulls**t! We have emptied his pockets! Get real, wake up and enjoy the moment!

Fantastic result! We have already won some surprising points this season - the big thing missing is the consistency. It's not going to be an easy season but things will get better - and so will the kids. We might have a real find in young Jennings. We could yet end up with a season where 20 players are vying for first team places, and a couple of the younger ones with prices on their heads.

Let's hope that no more knocks were picked up and we can keep up the momentum on Saturday.

Great to see Bas netting for the Daggers - let's hope he can't repeat the feat when he comes to PP!

Couldnt enjoy the moment more

Oh well perhaps I could.......Johnson sodding off would make it just perfect.

And Bull**it it most certainly isnt, over the years hes taken more out than hes put in. Swingeing Interest rolled up and added continually, the man is guilty of usury, so much for doing things for the club.

All the more credit to Les and the team for doing things on a shoestring.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
A good, needed win. Puzzling that the same side that started at Colchester were able to do so much better, especially in the first half. Jennings' goal sounds quality. Even when the much maligned Wood came on for the injured Grandison at h/t, Rovers were able to hold the Pirates off, although it seemed one-way traffic for the last 20 minutes.

L1 seems very volatile at present, teams who were favourites to do well; Saints, Owls, Posh, Udders aren't making the expected impact. While not fully agreeing with the criticism of PJ, if he'd loosened the purse-strings a bit more, Rovers would have been able to attract a few of Les' targets who've gone elsewhere, with a comfy mid-table finish the likely result.

As well as Bas back on the scoring trail, Terry Gornell and Iain Hulme were on target last night, while Marvin Sordell has signed a new deal at Watford, with his boss mentioning how he developed as a player while on loan with us, so Les must be doing something right.

Don't know what Grandison's injury is, but if he's fit guess we'll try extending his loan given the lack of defensive cover. Otherwise another loanee required?I suspect Mendy may be on his way, given McLaren's now fit. We seem to be racking up the yellow cards, so a few 5-card suspensions may hit us next month as well.

Enough of that. As ONIGP says time to enjoy the moment:smile:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
A good, needed win. Puzzling that the same side that started at Colchester were able to do so much better, especially in the first half.
It's frustrating, because if they put the effort in, they can do so much better. It's all do with this inconsistency Les mentioned last week.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Another (rubbish) unofficial tranmere site posted up a 'commentary' piece on the Rovers this season, suggesting we are just as much up the creek this season as last under Dumb and Dumber. Results like this show that to be utter drivel.

I can't understand people critising Nick Wood. He's a 19 year old kid, just learning the game, and centre half is such an important position where your mistakes can be punished.. people need to see the positives. By all accounts he's shown a professional attitude, sat patiently for a chance and Grandison's injury gave him that last night. Fair play to the lad, and to all the lads for holding onto the game, and preserving the clean sheet.

If Les can hold onto some of these players for the rest of this season and they continue to develop in the way they have been and with first team experiences, they'll all be a year older and wiser -- I can see these boys taking us up the league, perhaps even challenging for the play offs next season. Heck it's still really early days in this season, who knows where we will end up !!!?

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
Oh well perhaps I could.......Johnson sodding off would make it just perfect.

And Bull**it it most certainly isnt, over the years hes taken more out than hes put in. Swingeing Interest rolled up and added continually, the man is guilty of usury, so much for doing things for the club.

All the more credit to Les and the team for doing things on a shoestring.

here here!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Bulls**t! We have emptied his pockets! Get real, wake up and enjoy the moment!

Amen

I can't understand people critising Nick Wood. He's a 19 year old kid, just learning the game, and centre half is such an important position where your mistakes can be punished.. people need to see the positives. By all accounts he's shown a professional attitude, sat patiently for a chance and Grandison's injury gave him that last night. Fair play to the lad, and to all the lads for holding onto the game, and preserving the clean sheet.

He's utterly inept.

Great result! Congrats to Dale Jenno

Ian, the site won't work open google chrome. Any ideas?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ian, the site won't work open google chrome. Any ideas?
Probably because I swapped servers over the other day, Chrome is a little bit naughty in keeping cached copies and not
refreshing properly.

Hit F5 a couple of times or clear your temp files, should do the trick.

M

Mal

utterly inept? So how come we didn't concede in the second half with apparently 10 players, paraphrasing that comment?

I have this theory that I can make money by gambling on a 1-0 away result for a bottom-of-table team playing an in-form team. I was going to write to this site the day before to suggest it was a good bet but then didn't have the bottle to gamble!

Anyway, to the point, if lack of funding from PJ is such an issue, then please explain how Southampton and Sheffield Wednesday are just above us in the table, with access to a lot more money than we have. And I assume Rochdale aren't rolling in it?

I am in the camp that is grateful for the money PJ has put in that gave us Aldo and the years of getting to play-offs in the Championship. The world is a different place to then and unless we get a billionaire, I don't see any chance of major progress. By the way - good on Preston (and humey)

Player
Goodison
There is one team that blows a massive hole in the "we have no money therefore all we can hope to do is survive argument" - Bournemouth.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
utterly inept? So how come we didn't concede in the second half with apparently 10 players, paraphrasing that comment?

Anyway, to the point, if lack of funding from PJ is such an issue, then please explain how Southampton and Sheffield Wednesday are just above us in the table, with access to a lot more money than we have. And I assume Rochdale aren't rolling in it?

I am in the camp that is grateful for the money PJ has put in that gave us Aldo and the years of getting to play-offs in the Championship. The world is a different place to then and unless we get a billionaire, I don't see any chance of major progress. By the way - good on Preston (and humey)

1. variance
2. variance/poor management
3. contradiction

DIW

Player
Goodison
Weird result that I didn't see coming at all, although I did expect us to be better than in previous away games.

The main differences between this season and Barnes last year is that there are encouraging results, and at least the players seem mainly up for it.

It's the inconsistency that I can't get. It frustrates me, at times we have looked a decent if unspectacular organised bunch of battlers. At other times we have been quite simply crap.

Wonder who will turn up on Saturday, because I know we can get a result. Whether we will or not is another matter.

M

Mal

"1. variance
2. variance/poor management
3. contradiction "

1. lack of clarity
2. lack of clarity/probably the main reason - Les would do better with the money imo
3. disagree , 2 was a question not a statement. 3 was/is my opinion and refers to getting to the higher levels of Premiership

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Wonder who will turn up on Saturday, because I know we can get a result. Whether we will or not is another matter.
Yes, that really sums it up. You never know until the whistle blows. They do have ability, but Les need to make them use it on a regular basis.

What was different about last nights performance was the number of chances we had in the game. It should have been two but for Blanchards crazy miss. And there were other good shots from a number of other players.

Considering we had only 3 shots the game before, it's definately more encouraging.

M

Mal

So what do we think about Brighton? Will the team that played against BR turn up or will it be the one that played against Bournemouth. I'm sure I have no idea, so unpredictable is the team.

M

Mal

Well, hog my wash. I got that wrong. Sheffield Wednesday being wound up. So much for them being in the money.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
we have extended the loan of mendy for a further 2 months, grandison has a hamstring inury rumour is that hes going back to coventry and we are getting scott wootton from man u centre half 19 born in birkenhead

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Just watched the highlights. Cracking goal from Jennings, nice turn, neat finish.