• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Peterborough 2 Rovers 1

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It sounds like we were unlucky, Akins missing a good chance in the first half, Zoum likewise in the second. I wasn't expecting anything from this one, but having taken the lead, was hopeful we'd get something out of the game. Jennings still unfit, begging the question why did he play in the behind closed doors friendly? Weir did come on as a sub today. Will be interested to hear the views of Rockford's Love Child and others who attended.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Yes, we were certainly unlucky today. We should have taken at least a point from the game, and had we taken our chances in the first half perhaps could have had even more.

In the first 45 minutes we were by far the more dangerous of the two sides and Peterborough, although having a lot of posession, huffed and puffed to little effect against our again very solid back four. In the first ten minutes of the second half we were guilty of sitting a little too deep and as a result Boro built up a bit of pressure, without playing particularly great football, resulting in a scrappy equaliser.

For the next ten or fifteen minutes we were the side on the offensive again, with Lateef and Enoch causing real problems to a Peterborough back line which looked woeful at times. However, somewhat against the run of play, Boro got a bizarre second from a corner. A routine ball into the box was headed by Enoch, who didn't have a Posh player near him, into his own net.

After that we never really regained any momentum, but still had a couple of further decent chances at the death with Weir blazing over from fifteen yards when he should have done better, and Robinson putting a good effort past the post.

I was gutted to lose the game in the manner that we did, given how well we had defended for the majority of the game, restricting such a high quality attack to scraps, while always looking a threat ourselves on the counter attack. However, I suppose when a narrow defeat at the most prolific side in the division leaves you deflated, it shows how far we have come in the last few weeks.

Player
Liam Palmer
Hopefully it won't dent our confidence too much. Another tough game Tuesday in another ground where we don't have a great record in recent years. it would be nice to get at least a point and set us up for the home game on Saturday which should see a slightly bigger crowd.

At least with Swindon losing again we have a decent buffer against relegation.

Onwards and sideways!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It's very quiet on here and we lost....

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Onwards and sideways, I like it.

Although we lost, we still put in a decent shift, and it seems now we are playing quite well. Against strong teams, we aren't getting overpowered and it looks like we are improving week by week. In general, I think supporters are happy with the team's recent efforts and we seem to be moving in a positive direction. I guess you can't win em' all!

It will be interesting to see how we fair on Tuesday night.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
At least Enoch is starting to prove me wrong, chipping in with a cheeky little header from a set piece. Naughty.

Thanks to RLC for the review, sounds like we did well.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
At least Enoch is starting to prove me wrong, chipping in with a cheeky little header from a set piece. Naughty.
Yep, doesn't like to miss out on the goals. :-D

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Sounded quite enochuous in fairness

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
From watching the highlights on TW, Enoch made some great runs. He set up the first goal by nicking it off their defender and went on a fantastic run down the right. He can certainly get up some speed when he gets going. In all, their were some decent chances created which is promising and gives the small away support a competitive game to watch. The own goal was harsh, but that's football.