• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Our suporters

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Afternoon all. Right I am not one to moan and when I am at the game enjoy a bit of bnter with the opposition however has anyone noticed how poor the behaviour of our own supporters is getting?
Away at Accrington our supporters did not cover themselves in glory wrecking a train and throwing missiles onto the pitch! (one of which was given to the referee)
Also at home to Millwall mounted police had to force supporters down borough road. Dont get me wrong I am all for making Prenton Park as intimidating to away teams as possible, but through the right means.
We do not want to start getting a reputation in this league as a bunch of ar*e holes who want to cause trouble where ever we go.
Dont know what anyone else thinks............
:-(

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I've not noticed much trouble to be honest mate. I don't think it's any different than others clubs. There's always that minority of supporters who act like knobs..

Player
Goodison
I've noticed it too, its the same bunch of blockhead chavs every game. If anyone was at Oldham a few years back when some fans were calling for Littles head and others werent you will know who I am refering too, its those two groups.

The problem is, Lorraine Rogers is praising the same fans in every single column she writes.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
If anyone was at Oldham a few years back when some fans were calling for Littles head and others werent you will know who I am refering too, its those two groups
Yeah, remember that game, very fiesty in the away end! But my point still applies. Doesn't every club have these? Why are we so different? 8-[

Player
Goodison
I don't think were different, compared with teams like Leeds were quite good, it's just that our supporters behaviour used to be much better.

Player
Liam Palmer
The problem is, Lorraine Rogers is praising the same fans in every single column she writes.

Don't worry, the people you are referring to can't read!

Think it depends on the game. Was at Orient, behaviour impeccable. When the likes of Leeds, Millwall, etc. are in town, or we're on a a real awayday, then the d*ckheads come out of the woodwork. Sad but true.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Think there are gradually becoming more and more teenage hooligans, trying to be the big hard man, who are following Tranmere, thinking it's big and clever when really they look pathetic and stupid. All we want is people to support the team, and all the other nonsense is a pathetic really. These people aren't really supporting Tranmere, they're there for other motives half the time, and bringing a bad name on us true supporters, and of course the club.

As for Lorraine praising the lad with the drum in the programme on Thursday, boy does he have rthym... NOT. BANG BANG aimlessly so his so called pals can start a couple of chants. Brilliant.

Spoke to a few young members of your support after yesterday's match and they were top lads. From where I was, I'd say your support was good. Right behind your team every step of the way, and apart from a row of 8 chavs to our right, we didn't get any abuse hurled our way like we do in most places. Millwall - now there's a diferent matter. What a hell hole.

evo_trfc

tbh all teams have a small group of idiots trying to re-live the "glory days" films such as green street although very watchable have actually just glamourised the idea of hooligan. Personally im all for the intimidating atmosphere makes a cracking game

but what i dont udnerstand is when some of our fans start waving money at opposite supporters - At swindon first game of the season someone clear this up for me

Player
Curran,Humey,R.Taylor,Goodison,Jacko,Robbo
Maybe it's because they think there going to be like are firm back in the eighties!maybe some of there dads were in the TSB back in the day.

pajocan

Player
Muir, Greenacre
I love the way Milwall gets a mention in every single forum when it comes to fans bad behaviour...and leeds usually get an honourable mention too...when's the next game betwixt them so I can go get in the middle of them?!