• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Oldham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Would have gone to this if over the weekend, but will have to catch it on tv now it's been moved to Monday night. Our record at Boundary Park seems better than at home in recent years. Oldham have had a real slump in form, after being on the fringes of the play-offs. One of their regulars, Dale Stephens has gone on loan to Saints, with Blackburn youngster Jason Lowe, presumably no relation to Dave, taking his place. It's a challenge for their rookie manager Paul Dickov, but can Rovers add to his woes?

I would expect Les to start with a similar line-up to Colchester, although there's a case for Zoum to start ahead of Dale, on fitness grounds coupled with the fact we'll need to do more defending.

Prediction. We ought to be capable of getting at least a point from this one, but will we?

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I probably would have gone to this, but it's a novelty to watch the game on TV so I'll be doing that instead, and am quite excited to do so. We generally don't play well on TV, but that doesn't really mean anything. Cheers Sky.

It's hard to know how fit Dale is - a full-weeks training and possibly another run out in the reserves (when do we play our reserve games?) might put him in contention. Clearly he wasn't fit enough to start against Colchester, and while he actually wasn't really a liability in that game, he probably would have been in an away game, given the increased defensive responsabilities placed on our widemen away from PP. I'm always really pleased to see him on the team sheet though, so hopefully he'll be fit.

Expecting Weir and Welsh to retain their places in the middle. Robbo is starting to look sharp, but away from home, I wonder if Labadie will return to offer a bit more energy? If so, might Robbo be moved out wide? Ash Taylor's still on the bench too. It's good to have a little bit of competition for those midfield places.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Our last game on sky was the 3 1 win against norwich. Oldham are in freefall and really are there for the taking they havent won in i think 11 games and hardly scored at all.

Id pick the same team have a good go at them, im hoping for a 2 1 win. If we do win we will be a point behind them with 2 games in hand.

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
Bought my tickets yday, thoroughly looking forward to it and I hope the atmosphere is as good as it was at Rochdale.

Would go with the same team probably although I would like to see McGurk given a start up front with Enoch.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
We really should be going for it against Oldham.

They havent won in 11, have lost 6 in a row scoring 2 goals, and have just lost one of their better players to Southampton.

If we want to send a clear message out, on the TV, that we are a better side than last year, we need to take it to them from the off.

An early goal for us and we'll coast it

Player
Goodison
Playing against a team that hasn't won in 11 games is usually a recipe for disaster for Tranmere...

M

Mal

and apparently the Oldham players haven't been paid this week yet

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Oldham's current situation is similar to Plymouth's before we went there (team hopelessly out of form, backdrop of financial problems) so hopefully we will see a repeat performacne and result.

Looking at our remaining games, this looks our best bet for an away win, so we really must take at least a point. Looking at tomorrow's fixtures, I think it is impossible for us to start the game back in the bottom four which is a bonus.

With Lateef now ruled out, Jennings and Robinson assume greater importance to us. I would love to see Dale start, but would agree that there is no point in shoving him in to what is likely to be a physical game prematurely and risk a breakdown.

DIW

Player
Goodison
Our last game on sky was the 3 1 win against norwich. Oldham are in freefall and really are there for the taking they havent won in i think 11 games and hardly scored at all.

Ha ha! If that doesn't tell you we will lose, nothing will.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agree with DIW.

Good win for Yeovil and the Daggers got a point today, as did Walsall and Brizzle on Friday. If we're to stay out of trouble, can't rely on anyone else but ourselves!

drwhoman

I agree that it is in our own hands. If you keep winning it does not matter what anyone else does. Incidentally, I was surprised at the Yeovil result. Good outcome for them although Leyton did have a guy sent off after 13 mins.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would agree with Boz that Yeovil, Dagenham and Walsall are all making a real fight of it now, and it is likely that a team from above will be dragged in to the fourth relegation place.

On that basis, and with Huddersfield and Wednesday coming up, we could really do with all three points on Monday.

M

Mal

On topic, we still will be two points ahead of Walsall if we lost next two games and even Bristol Rovers if they won one more to equal Walsall's current total.

Walsall have Wednesday, Southampton, Brighton and Charlton in their 7 game run in.

BR have Bournemouth (twice), Wednesday, Colchester, Southampton, and Yoevil (away)

I think our run in is not so bad overall as we perform well against top teams when at home and can draw with them away.

Off topic. It was amusing to see Moore, Harrison and someone called Ryan Talor on th escoresheet for Rotheram (yes , I know re: Ryan)

Status
Not open for further replies.