• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Oldham Athletic 1-0 Tranmere Rovers

B

bwilliams

So... what are your thoughts

I didn't go so i'd love to know what you thought of the performance.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I only listened to 2nd half and although we had a fair amount of possession it didn't sound like we created much at all as usual!! Not happy and although Swindon are losing or have lost 7-1 at Forest today I don't even think we will get 3 points there. We have a bad record there. Something needs to be done otherwise we could well find ourselves in the bottom four come the end of the season!

DixieDean

no surprises here (well, apart from the fact that I expected us to concede more than 1).

We sit 3 points above relegation. Unless Little's "play for a draw" attitude changes we are doomed. If we fall into League 2 we will NEVER recover.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Thats exactly how I feel Dixie... League Two next season or any season would be the end for this club and i've told them this when i sent an email to them last week which included many other points about how I felt about Tranmere at the moment. Apparently it was passed onto the board which I don't believe. I hope the players and especially the management realise that if we don't improve soon then it could end up being a disaster season for Tranmere.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Not suprised we go tbeat thats why I'm not to angry today.

Agaisn a poor performance, again no enthusiasm, again no goals, again a defeat.

And why people were singing there sonly one brain littrle I'll never know.

But I made my voice heard I was singing we want little out very loud. :D

I'm on holiday next week so I'll be missing Swindon, which a few weeks ago I'd be a bit dissapointed but no I really don;'t care I'm just gonna feel sorry for the ones who are going! :lol:

Little Out!

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
stick with little
sure we have lost some but remember he took the team in his first season and came so close to getting us into the play offs
keep the faith in little at least until next season
we have lost two of our best players with hardly any time to replace them
instead of sacking little sack the board- johnson doesnt put any money into the club and hasnt done since 2001
he does however have at least £47million
sack the board not the manager

M

Matthew The Rover

I'm not dissapointed with the result because I expected a defeat but I am dissapointed with a) the performance, b) the team selection and c) our pathetic chav following.

a) The performance was really poor again. David Raven looks shocking whilst the midfield was pretty poor, Zola looked poor when he came on and once again Mr. Facey and Mr. Greenacre were not on the same wavelength. Rankine battled hard in midfield and was pretty good but knowbody else really did anything (although I must praise Sharps and Goodison for being quality.
The marking, as usual, went AWOL for the goal as everybody missed the ball and it went in, somebody should have gone for it.
Even when we went behind we didn't attack and in general it was a poor performance.

b) Team selection was appauling. Carl Tremarco and Steven Davies were both sitting in the away end with the fans and I couldn't understand why they weren't in the team. Really dissapointed as Carl has been our best player this month imo. I said to him at full time "you should be in this squad every week Carl" and he just smiled at me. Don't know why Aiston didn't get on either and if Little doesn't learn that he hasn't won in 2006 by playing 3-5-2 he never will.

c) Our younger chav following were once again a disgrace to the club. They might not agree with the rules the stewards have to put implace, but they have to follow them. Otherwise they will get chucked out like around 10-20 did.
Some admitidly did nothing wrong to get chucked out but many were kicking the seats or abusing the Stewards and therefore it's their own fault if they get chucked out.

Still backing Brian Little and I will continue to get behind the team for 90 minutes. Completely agree with Birchy telling those chanting for Little out to shut up and get behind the team during the game and they did that second half and I think it gave everybody on the pitch a lift as they were slightly better.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Matthew The Rover said:
Still backing Brian Little and I will continue to get behind the team for 90 minutes. Completely agree with Birchy telling those chanting for Little out to shut up and get behind the team during the game and they did that second half and I think it gave everybody on the pitch a lift as they were slightly better.

Sorry mate, couldn't disagree more. I'll continue to support the club but I'm not continuing to support the manager. I paid £22 to see that crap today. First half was a shambles. A non-event. Well, slightly untrue. Rankine had a good shot tipped over the bar and erm, that was the first half over.

Second half, we continued in the same vain. No passion, no commitment, no enterprise etc etc.. However it was clear that the team were inspired more by the substitution on the field rather than the chanting off it. As soon as Zola came on for O'Leary, the team whilst certainly not looking like scoring, certainly tried harder and provided more testing moments for the Oldham back line.

Quite why Little hadn't made a change at half time I dont know. You clearly should not and cannot be satisfied with what was witnessed in the first half. Baffles me more and more each week. I have lost all confidence in the bloke.

Anyways, back to the game of sorts.
Not one player really stood out. Rankine worked hard with little effect as per usual, and agree with the poster that sai Greenacre and Facey were not reading from the same script.

Zola looked hungry when he came on and was quite impressed with his work rate, trying at least to get us back into the game.

Ohh yeah, and Oldham were shite! ANother shite team we've lost to. Ohh, when will the decline stop ??

Lastly, I'd like to mention the away support today. Some of them were a disgrace. Of course, I don't think the alcohol helped at all, but fighting with their own supporters and generally behaving like knobs. Very sad to see.

I dont have a problem with people voicing their opinions. They have every right too. And in fact, that's what the 10-15 of them were doing, with chants of "Little Out" and other more choice words, too which some people replied with "There's only one Brian Little". All this was mostly taken well, until the second half when it got a little more physical.

Why do they have to behave like idiots though? Voicing an opinion, fair enough, but then scrapping with stewards and turning on their own supporters who disagreed with them. And let me also make a point that it wasn't just kids who were involved in this, their were grown men acting like children which was most disappointing of all. You kinda of expect this from kids, but not grown men. :roll:

It made me very aware though that patience is running very thin now with some supporters as we now sit 3 points off the drop zone. If the team was playing well, then as least we would have something to cling onto, but the last 3 matches have been awful to witness. How can this get any better? It will certainly get a lot worse if something is not changed soon.

M

Matthew The Rover

I'm not completely happy with Brian Little myself either mate and have no problem with people voicing their opinion. However, I am of the opinion that people should not boo during a match or chant for somebody out during a match either. This will just decrease the players confidence and even make them scared to make a mistake so they fade out of the match (esspecially the younger players).
In my opinion, people should wait to boo or chant "Little Out" until full time or if we are getting shat on four or five goals to none.

DixieDean

white life said:
instead of sacking little sack the board- johnson doesnt put any money into the club and hasnt done since 2001
he does however have at least £47million
sack the board not the manager

So, exactly what will sacking the board do?

The club still owes Peter Johnson around £6million and he has been kind enough to let this debt trundle along. He doesnt charge interest, he hasnt demanded it back (which would bankrupt us).

Do you actually know anyone that would run the club better the Lorraine? Money was gushing out of the club when Corfe took over and he made things worse. Then Fred Williams took charge and steadied the ship, but he didnt have the financial clout to do a proper job. Lorraine has done a better job than either of the previous chairmen.

I really don't see how things could be run any better.....

Unless of course you can think of someone who has £6million quid lying round?? Oh, and they'd be handing it over knowing they will never see it again.

Oh, and they'd need to invest another half a million every year just to keep the club afloat....

Do you know anyone? no... i didnt think so...

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
dixie
did you see how much he had!
if he put some money into the club instead of leaving it in the bank he could make us a better team and get money back on us if we go up

C

championship_here_we_come

DixieDean said:
The club still owes Peter Johnson around £6million and he has been kind enough to let this debt trundle along. He doesnt charge interest, he hasnt demanded it back (which would bankrupt us).

the problem is we shouldnt owe him any money at all, as the owner you cant put money into your business, and then when you leave the business ask for the money back

C

ChiefRich

championship_here_we_come said:
the problem is we shouldnt owe him any money at all, as the owner you cant put money into your business, and then when you leave the business ask for the money back

At the risk of sounding like a complete geek, and going off topic far too much, you can if you structure it correctly! Clever bankers have many ways of doing it. It can be a loan, for example, which I think is what happened here.

There are all sorts of rules for checking the legality of the loan, but as we aren't paying any interest etc and got board approval etc I think both we and Johno are safe in that regard.

Anyway back on topic I heard it was another relatively dour and lifeless TRFC performance. I did notice that Aiston (who is someone that might add something resembling creativity, even if he has poor end product) was left picking splinters out of the bench. Typical Little tactic not to use the obvious one that might do something to try and get something worthwhile out of the game. Though McAteer might once a season be able to pull out a good pass I suppose.

Seven places and three points off relegation zone; eight places and sixteen points off the play-offs. Is this a sign of how crap this division actually is below Tranmere Old Boys in 8th this season?

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
We sounded just as bad as we have been the last two games... I feel sorry for those who witnessed it! I think next week we have to start 4-4-2 with Aiston and Tremarco on wings and try and get at them. I'd maybe put Brown on the left instead as I think its time to try anything that may help us create something and get us out of trouble. Start with Zola and Greenacre and leave Facey on the bench too.

DixieDean

white life said:
dixie
did you see how much he had!
if he put some money into the club instead of leaving it in the bank he could make us a better team and get money back on us if we go up

you haven't got a clue, have you... ](*,)

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

The worst game i've been to in ages we had no passion and no desire because they are not that good. I tottally agree with all the above comments apart from matty's 'Stick with Little' come on mate hes too negative for this ream mate.