• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Notts County 0-1 Rovers

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Superb result. Another 3 wins on the bounce with 3 clean sheets too! Well done Les and the lads today. Look forward to hearing some reports from those in attendance.

That has shot us up to 14th and our league position is as healthy as it's been for some time.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Agreed Ian a very good result indeed just a pity that joss will be missing for 3 games and that welsh misses the hartlepool game as well.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Absolutely delighted with the victory today. Other than the goal, we didn't play a lot of football and were generally poor in possession, but defended superbly, particularly when down to ten men.

Notts looked a side low on confidence and lacked any real cutting edge, and as average as we were in the first half, I still fancied us to nick the victory. As the old cliche says, it is the sign of a good side that can put in a below par performance and still win fairly comfortably.

In terns of the indicidual performances, Goodison and Blanchard were superb at the back, Welsh battled hard again in the middle and Mendy had a decent game. Due to our tendency to launch the ball long every time, Enoch, ITM and Jennings weren't really in the game for long spells, but looked sharp when called in to action, notably for the goal.

My biggest concern today was the distribution of Cathalina who simply hoofed the ball downfield, even when under no pressure. Les, if he is incapable of playing the ball down the line to a white shirt, please instruct him to pass it five yards to a player who is.

As Ian says, we haven't had a run like this since the days of Ronnie, and I think a real feeling is growing that injuries permitting, this could turn out to be a decent season.

Great to see a large and vocal Rovers following there today: it seems some of the doubters are starting to be convinced.

The only real negative is the fact that both Labadie and Welsh will miss Tuesday night, which gives us a bit of a selection headache to put it mildly.

On the positive side, win on Tuesday and we could be talking about a push for the play-offs !

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It sounds like a very one sided match, yet despite only having 2 goal attempts all game we won. Joss sent off for stamping, Zoum subbed in the first half to prevent him being red-carded. Throw in Welsh's ban, Enoch's dodgy knee and the absence of Morrow and Grandison from todays subs, with Ash being pushed back into bench duty prematurely and there may be cause for concern come Tuesday. However tonight, I'm just going to enjoy the win and Ince's misery.

Going off topic, I was at Doncaster v Swansea today. £10 half-price special to get in, biggest crowd of the season, about 4k more than they'd usually get for this game, decent atmosphere. We should try something like this...

DIW

Player
Goodison
Pleased with the result, nice to battle one out. Hope the loss of joss for 3 games doesn't cost us, and we will miss Welsh on Tuesday. Another 3 points there would see our position look very very healthy.

Well done Les and the boys. I'm confident we will be safe this season - but lets not start talking about play offs. (...yet)

M

Mal

Excellent, although there are a lot of places between 14th and 6th :)

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
It sounds like a very one sided match, yet despite only having 2 goal attempts all game we won. Joss sent off for stamping, Zoum subbed in the first half to prevent him being red-carded. Throw in Welsh's ban, Enoch's dodgy knee and the absence of Morrow and Grandison from todays subs, with Ash being pushed back into bench duty prematurely and there may be cause for concern come Tuesday. However tonight, I'm just going to enjoy the win and Ince's misery.

Going off topic, I was at Doncaster v Swansea today. £10 half-price special to get in, biggest crowd of the season, about 4k more than they'd usually get for this game, decent atmosphere. We should try something like this...

atmosphere doesn't line pockets, and we've learnt from doing similar schemes in the past firstly that we lose money on the day and and secondly that people don't come back when prices go back to normal.

great result, share your concerns for tuesday though.

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
atmosphere doesn't line pockets, and we've learnt from doing similar schemes in the past firstly that we lose money on the day and and secondly that people don't come back when prices go back to normal.

great result, share your concerns for tuesday though.

1) Hartlepool arent particularly good, which usually means we will play terribly
2) Half of the team will probably be injured and those not "injured" will be semi disabled
3) The crowd will reach an all time low
4) The vultures from Liverpool will be drooling over Dale Jennings

Player
Liam Palmer
1) Hartlepool arent particularly good, which usually means we will play terribly
2) Half of the team will probably be injured and those not "injured" will be semi disabled
3) The crowd will reach an all time low
4) The vultures from Liverpool will be drooling over Dale Jennings

Blimey mate, is your glass half empty or what? Cheer up FFS!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well we should enjoy these wins, especially away from home when we can. It was an excellent result and most certainly seemed like a smash and grab job. Any reports on how Dale got on? Seemed quite quiet. Also, what was Labadie doing? He needs to control his temper that lad.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Jennings had two men on him for most of the game on Saturday and got roughed up a bit by their defenders, but to be honest we just didn't have enough possession to bring him into the game. Wouldn't be surprised if he played a blinder tomorrow night.

Labadie kicked out at Notts player after something was apparently said to him, and deserved the red card to be honest. I think we just have to take the rough with the smooth with him, and certainly wouldm't suggest off loading him as some people have commented; he is our best midfielder after all.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I agree in part, but nonetheless worth doing occasionally, if only for the atmosphere. Doncaster have followed up half-price this game with discounted tickets for the South Yorkshire derby v Barnsley and the club shop and food outlets seemed to be doing good business.

Rob, thought I was a pessimist, but you're light years ahead of me!

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
Ive watched and seen so many things that I dont get my hopes up too much for the team.

At least its a pleasant surprise when they do well.

4-1 to TRFC tonight is my latest prediction though.

Ally

Player
Aldo
Greetings all, not posted on here for some time but have been nosing about as usual. If we win tonight, that'll be 5 wins out of the last 6 league games. Despite not playing brilliantly in the last 2, we've ground out a result each time which is very promising. Also, if we get a result it'll be 4 wins on the bounce. When was the last time we did that?

Of course, it'd be typical if we ended up losing tonight and undid that good work but a win would mean 25 points from 18 games. I don't think anybody could have predicted that, we were well adrift at the bottom a few weeks ago.

O

OneNightInGayParis

Ian Goodison was selected in the FL1 team of the week after the win. Surprised that the whole defensive unit wasn't included after seeing the stats and reports.

Brill (Old)
Duffy (Ex) - Fonte (Soton) - Goodi - Rose (Swin)
Richards (Wal) - Bean (Brent) - Jackson (Charl) - Teale (Wed)
Wood (Brighton) - Mellor (Wed)