• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

New Signing

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
There are options within the squad if Enoch gets injured and it does not have to be the same type of player eg McGurk could do it. My worry is the numbers as you can have versatility, but these guys can only play in one position at a time and if the injuries mount up..? I understand Savage has been released from Barnet....possibility?

By the way is Morrow still around?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Higgy - Morrow I think signed for Ross County on a 2 year deal. He deffo left tho.
I have been watching their results - he hasnt scored yet !

I wouldnt be too upset if we signed Bas on a 1 year deal - just as a back up to Enoch - altho in saying that, I used to find it so frustrating when he would go wandering out wide instead of staying in the middle !

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
bas has had trials at barnet & stevenage but has not been offered a contract think hes on trial at yeovil but i wouldnt want him back now think the injury has taken its toll on him

DIW

Player
Goodison
We really would be desparate to get Bas back.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
we really are desperate

Player
Goodison
I'm concerned by the lack of depth at centre back as well as upfront. We only have Goodison, McCrystal and Taylor. The former are very good, however I think question marks remain around Taylor's ability to cut it as this level - he's far too lightweight. I really think we should have an extra centre back - not a right back from Carlisle.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I'm concerned by the lack of depth at centre back as well as upfront. We only have Goodison, McCrystal and Taylor. The former are very good, however I think question marks remain around Taylor's ability to cut it as this level - he's far too lightweight. I really think we should have an extra centre back - not a right back from Carlisle.

Taylor's ace at centre-half, pretty horrible in midfield though. We'll get someone in on loan if we have to. Having 4 contracted centre-halfs might be a bit much. Raven can play centre-half, he certainly played there quite a bit for Liverpool back in the day. Can Holmes?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Listening to Les on Radio Merseyside, it sounds like Raven will be coming, Teriyaki is still talking with the club, but we're close to spending our budget so doesn't sound like we'll be signing beyond those two(or another forward if the Turk doesn't come). Personally think if things are that tight, we shouldn't bother signing Raven, as right-back is not a priority. Kay and Holmes play there, while McChrystal and Weir can fill in if there's an emergency.

I'm not too worried about central defenders, with the proviso that we're going to have to accept that Goodi can't go on for ever. Ash usually turns in a decent stint in that position, though my qualm is a Taylor-McChrystal pairing will be prone to giving the ball away too readily. Holmes can play in central defence, I believe Zoum was tried there during pre-season and Vaulks one of our more promising youngsters also features there.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
fair one. i guess we'll bring a striker in on loan...

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
ive heard mike grella from leeds
Anyone know if our interest in him is now dead? He seems to be a striker who had potential but never had the chance to show it at Leeds. (Maybe Devaney has blown the rest of our budget.)

Player
Goodison
The centre mid Carrington who played yesterday could well be worth a look at, he gets a lot of rave reviews from his time at Crewe and Franchise.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Taylor's ace at centre-half, pretty horrible in midfield though.
Couldn't agree more.

Listening to Les on Radio Merseyside, it sounds like Raven will be coming
I hope we dont sign Raven. It sounds like he'll be eating up a lot of the budget and we really don't need him. Not sure why the club rate him so much. Stints at Carlisle and Shrewbury. Hardly setting the footballing world alight. No other clubs interested? We've had him in before, nothing special. Move on..

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
SSN reporting we have signed chicken.....about time we took a risk on non-league players

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I didn't rate Raven in his first spell here at full back, and nothing I have seen in pre-season suggests he is any better in the centre. It seems strange that Les is so taken by him, partivularly given that his wage demands are apparently higher than many players of comparable ability.

If the rumours about Tiriaki are true, I think he would be a decent signing, particularly given that Enoch looks likely to take longer to get over his injury than was initially thought.

I share the concerns about McChrystal and Taylor playing together at the back. They are both good individual defenders, but seem to struggle as a pair, perhaps due to communication problems. I still don't think we have come up with a convincing partnership that can cope in Goodison's absence.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Rumour has it that we have signed Tiriaki on a one year deal, with an option to extend his contract for a further year.

A good signing I think.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Raven and Tiriyaki are both signing 1 year deals today.

I'm not getting excited (yet) about either signing but we seem to have decent no.s in the squad and have brought in experience with the likes of Devaney, Buchanan, Raven all having played plenty of games over the years.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well, if Raven signs I suppose we could say at least the squad has a little more depth to it, still don't think it's a good signing. Will be interesting to see what Tiryaki can do.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Official now, Raven signs. Sigh..
No word on Tiryaki yet.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko