• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

New Players?

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
If all goes well and we have money for new players who do you think we will get? There cant be many for a budget like ours but we must be able to attract some of the younger lower league players and quite possibly a few of the oldham squad

Player
John Aldridge
12 Players

Just read that Ronnie has targetted 12 players to bring in, what a job he's got on his hands, there's only what 6 weeks or so before the start of the season and he must get them to gel as a unit. If anyone can, Ronnie can.

Now who's on his shopping list?

Player
The Sherriff
No chance of getting Rob Jones now unfortunately, looked a class above anyone else on the pitch in he Grimsby play-off matches.

I'm content with Greenacre, Facey, Zola and Davies as our 4 forwards but Moore is reported to dislike Facey and prefers to play little and large up front, suggesting Zola would be his choice to partner Greenacre.

The priority in my opinion is to get paul brown signed up, hes impressed in every game I've seen him play in and to at last have a manager who will blood the youths properly sould provide him the oppourtunity to shine.

Moore said his priorities however were in signing 2 centre-halfs and wide players. This to me is excellent news as Jackson reached a level of incompetance I thought impossible at the back end of last season, and indeed at the front end, and most of the middle in fact. :lol:

Nevertheless, I think Sharps and Linwood should be given sufficient chance to play at centre back as both show potential. Having signed up Goodison for another season as well suggests that once again his ability as a centre back will be overlooked and he will be shifted around the defence as a versatile substitute, which of course, he is not. :roll:

I think it likely Raven will sign on, if so the first signings will probably be a left back to cover Tremarco and a right winger to add some creativity, however I find it unlikely we will be breaking the bank on a new set of players so its likely they won't be upto he standard needed to negotiate our way out of this division, except of course in the downwards direction.

In spite of this I'm delighted with Moore being named manager as I believe he can truely get the best out of the players given to him. Optomism for next season couldn't be higher with him at the helm.

A brilliant decision by Lorraine? I never thought I would see the day =D>

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
First of all, welcome to the forums Ronnie's Rovers!
Secondly, I agree with this:

In spite of this I'm delighted with Moore being named manager as I believe he can truely get the best out of the players given to him. Optomism for next season couldn't be higher with him at the helm.

I don't believe we've got a bad team. We just a manager who can make the most of the team he's got. Also, if he's looking to bring in some players, it will be interesting to see who he does get. Little's signings weren't very inspiring and this will be interesting to see if Moore has success in this department.

One thing we can be assured of. At least he'll be more attacking and positive than Brian Little!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I heard we are interested in Wayne Gray a striker from Southend as he is looking to play for a team where he will get games... I don't know how true this is so don't shoot me down. Just what I heard. What would you think?

S

Seanyb

Before anyone says anything, this isn't a rumour, I'm just suggesting a player! Ramon Calliste is available on a free after liverpool released him last month. He's a Welsh U 21 international and is an exciting prospect for the future. i reckon he would do a great job at the rovers

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
What position does he play? Hopefully these are the sort of players we are looking at as well as a few experienced ones. Ronnie said on Tranmere World that he has meetings with two midfielders and two strikers this week and hopes to get some deals tied up soon. He also said there would be some players coming in that we know and some suprises! Sounds interesting.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Joe_TRFC said:
He also said there would be some players coming in that we know and some suprises! Sounds interesting.
Ian Moore Moore Moore Ian Moore Moore Moore!! Well I can keep dreaming...

P

Parnys Army

Ex players coming back.

If it's ex players coming back? - I was always sorry to see Loran go. He had a bit of class, but was a real enforcer in midfield. Not sure if he is still playing.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It's quite exciting to hear him talk about midfielders and strikers. It's an area of the pitch in which we are lacking very much in terms of quality and creativity.

Yeah, Loran. I agree. I always liked his style of play and was sorry to see him go. He's playing for RBC Roosendaal now but I don't think he's played many games at all. Shame.. http://www.rbconline.nl/voetbal/selectie_detail.php?Seizoen_id=7600&Speler_id=5747

I also hope he's keeping checks on a goalkeeper. Since Achterbergs been out, we've had a tough time finding a steady replacement.

And whilst we are talking about transfers, I hope he gets rid of Facey who's laziness really grated on me towards the end of the season. It's those kind of players Ronnie needs to ship out.

Player
The Sherriff
I had a look at one of the Roosendaal fan websites where an article (roughly translated through babelfish) indicated Tyrone is having a contract dispute with the club who are offering him a 45 % pay cut and who wish to remove a buy out clause in his contract of 75k. This is as a result of Roosendaal's relegation, finishing bottom with just 9 points.

Roosendaal were in the dutch top league but they only play in a 5,000 seater stadium and seem to have a similar financial standing as a league 1 side.
Tyrone was in the starting XI for 24 games out of 38 last season playing centre back the majority of the time, but has been shifted around into the full back positions and occasionally in midfield.

Roosendaal don't want to let him go and he still has a year on his current contract.
I doubt we will be spending any transfer fees so we won't be able to buy out his current contract, I really rated him and to have him back in midfield would be great. However, I think it likely Moore will bring in experienced players who he has worked with before and he is probably unaware of Tyrone's situation.

B

Banana Army

Matthew The Rover said:
I'm sure Tyrone was Roosendal's captain last year!

I know he wasnt. It was Robert Molenaar. Loran hardly even played.

I would love ian Moore back it would make my day.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
LOL. I seem to remember a young Ian Moore who came out with the classic line, "i feel like i can score in every game"..

He left soon after..

S

Seanyb

Joe_TRFC said:
What position does he play? Hopefully these are the sort of players we are looking at as well as a few experienced ones. Ronnie said on Tranmere World that he has meetings with two midfielders and two strikers this week and hopes to get some deals tied up soon. He also said there would be some players coming in that we know and some suprises! Sounds interesting.

He's a striker. He has always been seen as a bright starlet for the future. I think he would be a great signing. He was at man u until he got released, he was snapped up by liverpool until his release in May.

http://home.skysports.com/player.asp?plid=43291&clid=14&cpid=&channel=skysports_home_page

Heres a player profile anyway

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Banana Army said:
I know he wasnt. It was Robert Molenaar. Loran hardly even played.

Gotta disagree. I was in Holland in September last year and saw a fewgames, and for RBC, skipper was Tyrone. Played pretty poor though but was wearing the armband. Whether he was dropped after that not sure, but started the season as captain for sure.

Ian Moore would be a great signing, father and son reunited! Come n Ron!!!

B

Banana Army

SCooperSomersaults said:
Gotta disagree. I was in Holland in September last year and saw a fewgames, and for RBC, skipper was Tyrone. Played pretty poor though but was wearing the armband. Whether he was dropped after that not sure, but started the season as captain for sure.

Ian Moore would be a great signing, father and son reunited! Come n Ron!!!

Not disagreeing with you here mate, but i saw in the nearly all of the second half of last season (highlights) and Molenaar was captain for every game i saw minus 2 due to injury where Jorge Acuna was captain.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Ok fair enough, he must have had a bad 2nd half to the season. I stand corrected, cheers BA=D>

B

Banana Army

SCooperSomersaults said:
Ok fair enough, he must have had a bad 2nd half to the season. I stand corrected, cheers BA=D>

Yeh i believe he had a bad christmas period and was subsequently dropped and then had an injury which didnt help.