• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

New captain required

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The Echo has a couple of positive pieces on Rovers. First was the news that Joe is in remission, although nothing yet about a return to playing. When the day comes, it will be an emotional occasion for everyone.

The other article featured Danny Holmes' desire to captain Rovers next season. Now that the usual suspects (Wallace, Ash and Goodi) have departed, there's an important vacancy to be filled and few likely candidates. What do you think about Danny? I know we will be getting more players in soon, but I'd like a local lad who knows the club to get it. Another possibility might be Steve Jennings, but I'm not sure about him. I think Max Power might get the job one day, but not yet.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would like Jason Koumas as captain.

Going off topic, an interesting League Cup draw for us today, Forest at home; the league fixtures are out tomorrow.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I'd go for koumas as skipper given his obvious desire to play for the club. Holmes and Power as back up.

Unless we sign someone who is an obvious leader.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
First, it's very good news about Joe Thompson and I hope that he's able to continue his career with us, though very little mention on the o/s about what is genuine good news.

I'm unsure that the choice of captain makes a great deal of difference and no issues with Holmes, Koumas or a vocal newcomer who can lead by example.

The Forest tie is decent, remember losing to them on penalties after a goal-less draw around a decade ago. I'm interested to see what the fixture schedule will throw up tomorrow.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Yes, Koumas would be respected, but has he any experience and does he have the personality?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
BBTC makes a valid point. I remember all the question marks about Beckhams captaincy - yes a great player and respected but could he be expected to give a verbal rollicking if required ?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Great news about Thomson and let's hope he can contribute to our fortunes ASAP.

Not sure about captaincy, I guess Koumas for his experience, I think he'd be a good coach, not sure about leadership on the pitch though. I'd get in an experienced no-nonsense centre back and give it to him.

andrewesq

Faith Light Strength
Player
Billy Woods
I would question whether Koumas will consistently play all season, i agree with IanI think he'd be a good coach, not sure about leadership on the pitch thoug

andrewesq

Faith Light Strength
Player
Billy Woods
What happened to the quote, sorry Ian didnt quote correctly

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes as much as I would love Koumas to be fit all season, I have my doubts as to whether this will happen.

They have only been back training a week or two and already he has a problem with his foot. Nothing serious but you do wonder whether he'll pick up all these niggly injuries throughout the season.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
On the OS, Rob is suggesting Danny, Max or Marcus will be captain. All of them had the armband for a while last night.