• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Morecambe 3 Rovers 3

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Did anyone go? Goals from Mahon, Taylor & a Shuker pen, but the official site report suggests we were under the cosh a bit. 10 days to go and no more defenders. There was an unfamiliar name on the bench, Sharp, any idea? As he came on for Terry Gornell, guess he's not a defender...

Player
Johnny Morrissey
No didn't go unfortunately Boz. Sharp is Chris Sharp, son of Everton striker Graeme, and is indeed a striker himself who has been playing in the Welsh Premier I believe and the club are taking a look at him. He's 23 and scored 23 goals from 30 apps last season. Apparently a few clubs in England are after him so who knows what will happen there.

Yes we need defenders! Sounds like we were under the cosh and conceded which is a worry as I'd prefer half of that back 4 tonight not to be playing come Yeovil. But we only have 1 more warm up match as preparation. Looks a little worrying from the outside looking in.

On the positive, Mahon seemingly scored a cracking goal. We scored 3 which didn't happen often last season. Who knows, hard to read into friendly games though. All about getting the fitness and understanding in these games, and sometimes learning from mistakes. Better make them against Morecambe on a wet and windy night, than in a league or cup fixture.

Player
Goodison
Hopefully we can get Shotton and Kelly on loan for the season alongside Goodison and Ash Taylor.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
SCoops, we're guaranteed not to start with that line-up re Yeovil as Edds is banned. The Barnes contacts with top managers and Reds haven't yielded the promised loans yet. Defenders need time to work together to gel as a unit, I'd have thought McAteer would have grasped that. Easier to slot in a new striker or midfielder at the death. Why the hell are we trialling a striker when we have 4 fit ones and Shuker on the books? Hope it's not an old pals act.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
what a ridiculous challenge. that goal was good though!

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
That just made me sick in my mouth! eeeeewwww :-&