• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Mike Norton

TRIMM TRAB

Player
Danny Dignan
Have heard a rumour in East Manchester that Tranmere have signed Michael Norton from Curzon Ashton. Any truth?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Taken from their official site:

Date of Birth January 20 1981
Previous Clubs Nottingham Forest, Droylsden, Woodley Sports
Height 5' 8"
Position Central Defender

Mike has proved to be one of the clubs best signing's of late with his consistent performances coupled with his goal scoring achievements over previous campaign's, has earned a fearsome reputation at this level of football.

This was evident last season where in all competition's Mike scored an amazing 51 goal's in a formidable paring up front.
Mike is a popular lad around the club and has earned mutual respect by all around him.
I am sure Mike will be looking to kick off the season where he left off and will start to notch up the goals again in this campaign.

Player
Liam Palmer
Saw him play against Exeter in the FA Cup last month and he scored the third goal for Curzon. I have to say it was one of the most composed finishes I have seen in a long time. A run from the half-way line, left the last defender on his backside before rounding the keeper. That was against a team at the top of League 2. He ran his socks off that day and I did think then it was surprising to see someone like that in Unibond1 - although you never know what goes on with some players.

Won't claim that he's going to come to us and score 51 goals in a season, but occasionally players do emerge from the 'obscurity' of the non-League and become stars.....

Anyway, here's a pic of him about to score that goal.

Attachments

• Norton.jpg
    Norton.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 5

TRIMM TRAB

Player
Danny Dignan
but occasionally players do emerge from the 'obscurity' of the non-League and become stars.....

Yes, you are right, but the same can be said for the jump up to the Premiership, there was one this player called David Nugent... :?:?:? :)

Player
Liam Palmer
Yes, you are right, but the same can be said for the jump up to the Premiership, there was one this player called David Nugent... :?:?:? :)

That's why I put in the word 'occasionally' and used all the other qualifying statements. There's probably a good reason why Norton is playing for Curzon Ashton FC.....