• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Luke Waterfall

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'll bet he was recommended to the club by Antony Kay, who joined us from Barnsley. Nice to see for once we've signed a younger player with potential rather than experienced players who won't get any better.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Don't know much about him although heard he was decent in friendlies. Hopefully will prove good back up for this season.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, good to see Ronnie investing in some youth. Only signed for a year, so let's hope he's used and doesn't run dry (sorry..) :-#

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Heard he impressed in training and has been with the club since the start of pre-season. Also was impressive at Heswall (and Wrexham in the behind-closed-doors affair) so hopefully a good young player who might push for first team place this year. Who knows???:roll:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
He reminds me of Clint Hill a bit..

Attachments

• lukeandclint.jpg
    lukeandclint.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 7
Player
Johnny Morrissey
That'll do me if anywhere as good as Clint. Will hold judgement til I see him in action, if at all!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Did well again at Marine today apparantly.

Player
Goodison
Giving him a 1 year contract shows the club clearly don't want to take any risks and have little ambition. Unfortunately the chances are, if he's any good he will go.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Not entirely. It also means were not stuck with him for another year if he turns out to be a waste of time. Not uncommon now for young players to sign short term deals, I wouldn't pin that down to just this club, it's happening everywhere. Contracts dont mean a great deal these days. If he was any good, he'd go anyway.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Also if (and it's a big if) he gets any 1st team chances early on & is up to it, he may be offered an extended deal?