• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Leyton Orient?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Milder weather forecast for the next few days, but will this be enough time for the ground to thaw out? Hopefully those of you who are Wirral-based will have a better idea of the prospects for a game this Saturday.

Potentially a good time to play the Os, who have been in good form . With Forbes and ex-Rover Ben Chorley unavailable due to being sent off during their midweek Cup replay, they'll be weaker in defence. Having to play extra time in that game may also have tired them, but as it turned into an 8-2 stroll probably not that much. Rovers need a game for financial reasons, with three postponements on the trot.

Dearth of information on the o/s as to how our injuries are progressing. Lack of reserves games and training facilities mean that those coming back like Ash Taylor aren't match fit. Will the rest mean that Enoch is fit to play, have to hope so.

Category C pricing balanced by the fact that Everton have a home game, its in the Christmas shopping period and Orient don't bring much travelling support at the best of times. Can't see more than 4k in attendance. If it goes ahead on Saturday can see either a draw or Rovers scraping a win, otherwise who knows...

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
it is certainly a lot milder today and i reckon the game will be on. According to les enoch would have played last saturday so with another weeks rest should start on saturday.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, I think Enoch will be fine. Which is great news because we need him up front! Bit of rain and milder conditions today, I'm confident the game will go ahead. We could all turn up with hairdryers on Sat morning if that helps.

Suppose we'll get the official injury team news tomorrow, but will be interesting to see how Gunnar fits back in after his lengthy absense.

http://whitereview.co.uk/matchday/opponent.php?opp=82

We have a fairly good record against them at home, but the lack of games recently might be a problem.

A win could see us shoot up a few places which would be nice to see as there are 4 teams on 22pts.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
they are missing terrel forbes & ben chorley so it maybe a good time to play against them.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would imagine the game will go ahead, although next Tuesday is looking doubtful again, which will no doubt delight all the Terriers fans who have been calling for the match to be switched to the Galpharm because of our inability to stage it.

Despite Orient's league placing, Saturday's game is deceptively tough as they are unbeaten in six. However, it seems from the OS that Enoch and Cathalina will both be back, and this is a game we really must win to avoid going into the Christmas period in a depresssing position.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I would imagine the game will go ahead, although next Tuesday is looking doubtful again, which will no doubt delight all the Terriers fans who have been calling for the match to be switched to the Galpharm because of our inability to stage it.

Despite Orient's league placing, Saturday's game is deceptively tough as they are unbeaten in six. However, it seems from the OS that Enoch and Cathalina will both be back, and this is a game we really must win to avoid going into the Christmas period in a depresssing position.

I'm all for that too:)

Worryingly, it's a long time since Orient won at PP. Shades of Hartlepool re-visited.

DIW

Player
Goodison
Suppose we'll get the official injury team news tomorrow, but will be interesting to see how Gunnar fits back in after his lengthy absense.

I suspect Les will choose to play him in goal.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
lol, DIW.

looking forward to this, which scares me, as we usually lose when i do.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Disagree.

Will post more fully in the morning, but we deserved at least a point. It was rather like the Plymouth game in reverse. However, a bad game to lose as I don't see us picking up many points in the next few games.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
With the net few games this was a very bad result indeed.

A game we should have at least drawn if not won there keeper had a cracking game but there were some alarming things from the game nielsen truly awful breeds no confidence an accident waiting to happen, wooton no right back should play in the middle and get rid of grandison.

The midfield was very poor blanchard was awful mantom not much better, enoch had a shocker in front of goal should have score a couple, dale & itm didnt have enough of the ball.

The amount of times the defence especially grandison wooton then blanchard just launch the ball up front aimlessly.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
As has been said, we should have taken at least a point. Their keeper was inspired, and despite a strong all round performance, Enoch had one of those days in front of goal.

Despite the return of some key players, we still suffered from having square pegs in round holes, ie. Wootton at right back.

Although we created a number of chances I would have to say the first half was still unconvincing. We were too slow out of the blocks and handed the initiative to Orient, and there were also problems in terms of tactics and team selection. Mantom looked out of his depth again (Fraughan should have started in my view) with the result that the O's had the upper hand in midfield. By opting for 4-3-3 we also heaped additional pressure on Wootton who was tormented by the on-loan Spurs winger for most of the half: 4-4-2 would at least have given him more protection from the wide midfielder, and alarmingly it seemed we hadn't really done our homework on their attacking threat down the left.

Going in 1-0 down at half time I would still have fancied us to turn the game round, so you have to see Gunner's gaffe as a crucial moment in the game. From the three performances I have seen, I really have no confidence in the bloke, and would probably prefer to see Collister in goal. Hopefully we can get Gulacsi back in January.

We were dominant in the second half, creating numerous chances, but by then the horse had bolted, as it is always an uphill battle to recover from two goals down.

Man of the match for me was John Welsh, without whom the midfield would have been non-existent.

After the last two results survival suddenly looks a much tougher proposition, and we really need the likes of Broomes and Cathalina back as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.