• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Latics 1 Rovers 0

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I dislike it when the fans single out a player for persistent abuse, as SonkORLY? suggests happened with Robbie Weir yesterday. However general abuse directed towards the manager in our current run is almost inevitable and at least is an outlet for frustration and signposts supporter opinion to those running the club. Whether they're paying any attention is another matter...

If Les is pushed, my concern is that PJ will go for a cheap option replacement. That would be one of the back-room staff, yet they fill me with little confidence of changing things. It would be a similar scenario to our last relegation, Sheedy taking over when Aldridge quit, I fear a similar outcome.

Ryan Brunt's loan deal has ended. What prospect of an extension, given Stoke may not be entirely happy how he's been deployed. It could be that Enoch is leading the line at Chesterfield instead, which doesn't fill me with optimism.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
We play the same way as Stoke :)

They probably sent him here on purpose

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
One other thing that annoyed me post match, was Les saying the supporters had an effect on the players in the second half. Please.. If anything it should have spurred them on! Getting tired of this nonsense. 3 points pls!

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
One other thing that annoyed me post match, was Les saying the supporters had an effect on the players in the second half. Please.. If anything it should have spurred them on! Getting tired of this nonsense. 3 points pls!

=D>=D>=D> It is getting pathetic, does smack of a desperate manager, just hope he doesnt blame the supporters if we do end up going down, as he will become a figure of hate rather than ridicule as currently...8-[

Cloud cuckoo land

The club doesnt have any money.
Johnson does
Les Parry is the cheapest option.
If there were cheaper available Johnson would have him in there already.
Stop your continual moaning and coming up with supporter picks for "your" team. Fantasy football is for the dopes who play computer games. Remember it is fantasy.

The players are mostly much of a muchness, some a little better than others on their day. Any talent is sold as soon as possible and the cash trousered by Johnson.

Nobody, given the same circumstances could do better than Les. Changing the manager is the best way to guarantee relegation.

Les will get sufficient points to keep us up. Then He will be given sod all to do the same next year, scrape together a team and borrow on the cheap whoever you can get. Do you seriously expect to get quality from such a system. If you do youre back in fantasy land.

I know its frustrating because we care about the club. But you cant blame the manager who is hamstrung by the owner - he who really does not give a s--t.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It doesn't really matter who's to blame, the manager will always be the fall guy. I agree he's the cheapest option and in that respect, can we really expect much from him? But I don't know how you can say nobody can do a better job. We really don't know that. At least someone else might play with 2 up front to start. I don't believe Les will get us the points we need. What is it, five wins we need. Can't see it happening with Les' current system and the players' attitudes..

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I agree with Ian. I think we've actually got a half-decent squad for this league, the main deficiency being up front. It is the way that Les sets them up that is the problem. As Martin O'Neill taking over at Sunderland has shown, it's possible for a new boss to get a striking improvement without altering the playing staff.

Also, if Peter Johnson is the pantomime villain some would have us believe, he's not doing a very good job of it. When OFW broke his hand, it would have been quite easy to say "play Coughlin and put Courtney on the bench". Instead, funds were made available to loan an experienced keeper in Rachubka and there has still been money for other loanees, despite the falling crowds. I'm not his biggest fan, but it's deluded to blame it all on him.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Well said Boz.

We also signed Wallace when we had Joss available and Lateef too.

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
Another away game gone to and another £60 spent to watch drivel and minimum effort from the players. The patience of myself and many others is being tested to the limits at present.

Majority of the players were completely absent for the entire match. Welsh and McGurk again were hopeless and how they continue to get picked I dont know.

The inept physio gets our hopes up taking Wallace off for a striker only to then take the only striker off for a midfielder only served to wind up the already angry fans.

What's really annoyed me is his criticism of the fans however. "442" and "we want Parry out" are chants aimed at him. At no time were there any derogatory chants about the players and the SWA chorus was there consistently throughout the game.

He's blamed everything else possible so now he has only us left to blame and its the sign of a dead man walking. Hopefully he will be disposed of before Saturday as this is the only free week we have in a while where someone else could come in.

If a thrashing by Chesterfield meant he would be out of the door I would gladly accept it and its consequences.

M

Mal

'ere, can someone pretend to be an away supporter and add a message that clears down my confounded "we won" message to the Notts County fan. It is beginning to look like an ironic statement now!!! Perhaps replace with "parry changes tactics mid game in response to the situation"

Player
Liam Palmer
No, don't! It reminds me of when we were good. Funny, it was with the same players and the same tactics. Ah well....

DIW

Player
Goodison
One of the reasons why this is a fairly decent forum is that the level of football knowledge seems to be pretty decent, as compared to your average prat who rings up 6-0-6, and whilst other certain forums and sections of the crowd have been crying 'Parry out' for ages now, on here the view has been well balanced between the obvious financial constraints Les has got and the form of the team. But the vast majority are now at a point where the inevitable is obvious and the only way is down with Les and the current management team. I think most people would agree that the squad, with the exception of the forwards is not that bad. The strikers are unequivocally crap.
So who are you to come on here and accuse everyone of living in Cloud Cuckoo land.

The club doesnt have any money.
Johnson does
Les Parry is the cheapest option.
If there were cheaper available Johnson would have him in there already.
Stop your continual moaning and coming up with supporter picks for "your" team. Fantasy football is for the dopes who play computer games. Remember it is fantasy.

As others have said, there has been money as times for some player - Rachubka for example.

The players are mostly much of a muchness, some a little better than others on their day. Any talent is sold as soon as possible and the cash trousered by Johnson.

Or does it go to service our weekly losses? Because I find it hard to believe that the club is making any money.

Nobody, given the same circumstances could do better than Les. Changing the manager is the best way to guarantee relegation.

How can you possibly say no-one could do better? I think no-one could do worse? 1 win in 19 games? Keeping the manager will guarantee relegation.

Les will get sufficient points to keep us up.

Not on the evidence of the last few months. What makes you think we're suddenly going to win 5 games before the end of the season when we can barely score a goal. We never get penalties. Why? because we rarely get any of our men in the box.

Then He will be given sod all to do the same next year, scrape together a team and borrow on the cheap whoever you can get. Do you seriously expect to get quality from such a system. If you do youre back in fantasy land.

I stand by what I say that another manager could get more out of that squad. I'm not expecting promotion or playoffs. I'd have more respect for Les if he said, look we're actually reasonable at the back. Lets play with 2 up front and really try to get some goals, because we need wins. I'd have even more respect for him if he wasn't indirectly blaming the fans for some of the results.

I know its frustrating because we care about the club. But you cant blame the manager who is hamstrung by the owner - he who really does not give a s--t.

We do care care about the club and that it why it is so depressing to watch this slide into oblivion without us even trying to change things to stop it.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Ive heard from several sources that les isnt that cheap an option and his wages are higher than any of our players.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
He wont walk as hes stubborn and will be out of football once he leaves the job.

Player
Liam Palmer
Given that it looks like Les will be in charge of what is now a crucial relegation battle on Saturday, what's the SWA tactic going to be? A boo-fest from the outset? A boo-fest when we go a goal down? What happens if we score first? Or win? (I know, I know).

Just trying to gauge the mood. We're likely to have a reasonable travelling support on Saturday. How many do you think will actually be quite pleased if we get beat? Just putting it out there - no bricks through the window please.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
If we play two up front and are positive I would imagine the crowd will be supportive. If we lose the game having a go and at least adopting a different approach, I at least will not be too critical. If we put in a tepid performance the like of which we have seen in ten of the last eleven away games, the atmosphere may be more hostile.

Time really for excuses to be put to one side, and for players and management to get a result. It really isn't as difficult as we have made it look! Only they can directly affect events on the pitch, and if they approach the game in the right way I am sure the supporters (the majority of whom have no intention of booing anybody) will be supportive.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
What Parry has to realise is that in football, it's very rarely personal. Anyone in Les' situation would be getting the same treatment. It's all about protecting the club we love and supporters have a real desire to see the team do well. As long as the players go out and give it their all, supporters in general are happy. Playing a positive game of football always helps and usually guarantees a win once in a while. Surely that's not asking too much.

Like RLC says, excuses must stop. They really must buckle down and get some results. But if the same old dross gets churned up, supporters are going to start having a go, and rightly so IMO. Let's just hope the players don't go into their shells again :roll: Awww, didums..

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Ive heard from several sources that les isnt that cheap an option and his wages are higher than any of our players.
This simply confirms that our players are on low wages for League One and explains why Les has to work so hard to get anyone who is on L1 standard.

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
Given that it looks like Les will be in charge of what is now a crucial relegation battle on Saturday, what's the SWA tactic going to be? A boo-fest from the outset? A boo-fest when we go a goal down? What happens if we score first? Or win? (I know, I know).

Just trying to gauge the mood. We're likely to have a reasonable travelling support on Saturday. How many do you think will actually be quite pleased if we get beat? Just putting it out there - no bricks through the window please.

I will sing for the team as always from the start and support the players no matter how bad they are.

If we do however set up again with our usual 9-0-1 formation and sitting back against the worst team in the league then myself and im sure many others will let Spongebob know our feelings.

As I said earlier though (and it hurts me to say it), if losing to the bottom of the league team got rid of Parry I would take it.