• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Im Worried

evo_trfc

Im really starting to worry about the club. No new signings Davis Zola Sherrif Mclaren Stockdale were not reserve players last year and they have gone. There is know new names being touted around anywhere. We need to now sign 7 players, who are of a high calibre to even think about challenging for the play offs. 7/1 to get promoted is ridiculous at the moment the side we have wouldnt even win a game. I know its still early but the clubs all around us are strengtheninig and all we are doing is weakening.

The club is in a downward spiral. If we get relagated this season which by looking at the teams around us is a very strong possibilty we would be well and truly ****ed! Bigger clubs like Bradford couldnt get out first time of trying!

We need good strong signings and fast, Coyne Shuker Kay Greenacre Jennings Goodison potentially Curran are the standard for this league we need players who will challenge with the clubs up there.

Relegation battle looming at the moment

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
With the players on our books at present, we'd struggle to put out a team, let alone one capable of mounting a promotion challenge. Optimistically assuming we will be bringing new players in, the later we leave it, the less likely we'll hit the ground running come August. I remember something similar happening during Aldo's time, when we had trialists + new signings playing together at the first game of the season. We managed a 0-0, think at home to Palace and did ok despite the lack of preparation. So am not slitting my wrists just yet.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
By my reckoning we're only a couple of players away from being able to put out an extremely respectable team.. just short a couple of midfielders, at least one of which should be able to play on the left.

Coyne
Curtis Kay Goodison Taylor
Shuker Edds Jennings ?
Greenacre Moore

Subs:
Achterberg, Chorley, Henry, ?, Curran

Despite that though, I do agree that I'd be much more comfortable if we had the luxury of a bigger squad to choose from and to keep us in contention should the worst happen with injuries again. But the reality of the club being even more skint than usual probably means another year of 'making do'.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The team that Neverbeat puts up are ok, allowing for Curtis being offered a deal and Jenno bucking the trend by signing a deal. Isn't Goodison banned after last season's sending off? At a push Shuker could play wide left & Curran on the right-wing, tho' don't think it would be preferred if there were any other options.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Don't worry people, as much as I'm not mad keen on Ronnie, we'll have players in in the next couple of weeks, its only the start of July remember.

I have no inside info, but I expect a player or 2 at least before the Liverpool game. Just have to be patient guys, no good signing people for the sake of it. Just hoping he waits for the right ones, and we can sign the good ones. Be patient, we'll have a decent side come August 9, I have faith!!!

TRFCJason

Player
John Aldridge
I don't want to panic anyone but do we have a full team yet as we play Liverpool this Saturday or have they ebay'd a few of the positions out to fans?

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I bet there will be 2-3 names announced this week.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, I certainly hope to see some new faces within the next 2 weeks.

evo_trfc

O **** Sonko and Savage. O callaghan hopefully will be a great addition, But the other two players weren't even wanted by average league 1 clubs last year.

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I think we all have to be a bit realistic about our signings. The main fact is we have NO MONEY!!! Therefore we have to look for players who have been released.

Lets wait and see what these players are like before we start saying how disappointed we are. I think back to last season and how many people were saying we're going to get relegated....on this very forum.....and look what happened??

So lets wait and see shall we and all take a dose of the facts of life that we have to make do with what we can get.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
LoneRover, I don't recall much gloom last season, there wasn't much movement in or out of the club. This time, there have been a number of departures, which create uncertainty. The fact that were are unable to compete in terms of wages/attractiveness with clubs like Bradford + Hartlepool causes me concern. It's too early to say how the club will fare this year, although we still need a couple more players to bolster the squad. I'm hoping to make the Morecombe friendly at the end of the month and things may be clearer by then.

Red Devil

Player
Moore, or Less
I too noticed that Rovers do not seem to be in a position to strengthen the squad and worry what the consequence will be. At present I see Rovers as coming 12-13th in the league.

I see other clubs are actively scouting and borrowing players from major clubs. Quite a few of our kids at Old Trafford are out on loan. Have Rovers even asked Everton, Liverpool or even United for players to "borrow" ????

you are obviously unaware that the club is ran by a bunch of incompetent fools who are about as much use as a chocolate teapot!!!!
but hey at least we're not Luton............... ouch!!!