• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Huddersfield - JPT (postponed, again?!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
3 defeats on the bounce and all at home!
time for lp to depart
he had his chance and can,t take the club forward !
there better managers getting the boot than les

drwhoman

HUDDERSFIELD

Maybe the better team with more money to spend on players won - the fact that we had a least four loanees in the team says something about respective resources - but why on earth would you allow an 18 year old loanee playing his first game- to take a crucial penalty?! Defies belief. Surely one or more of the senior players should have taken responsibility? Welsh or possibly Showaddywaddy should have just told EF, or whatever his name is, to give them the ball. I see he was hauled off shortly afterwards so did nothing for his confidence either.

Player
Goodison
I think 1 shot on target and 5 off target compared to their 6 on target and 5 off target sums up where we are at the moment. Ridiculous decision to allow a youth loanee player to take a penalty - Welsh/Jennings should have taken it.

drwhoman

HUDDERSFIELD GAME

It is not only that we have so many loanees but the fact that so many of them are kids. We badly need one or two experienced guys who are street smart and know what it takes to win games and stay in a Division. Either they are unavailable or refuse to dirty their boots in Division One. The day of former Division One (now Premier League) players being willing to play at Prenton are long gone. When I first saw Rovers the team included Peter Farrell, Tommy Eglington and later Dave Hickson - all ex Everton or Liverpool regulars. They needed the money suppose unlike the spoilt brats of today such as Tevez or Rooney.

Status
Not open for further replies.