• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Going to Prenton Park for the 1st time.

fasttony

Player
John Aldridge
Hi,

I am a Tranmere Rovers fan in Ireland and I am going to Liverpool this weekend and I want to go to the Tranmere v Carlisle game on Saturday. I have never been to Liverpool before.

There is about 8 lad going to Liverpool for the weekend and I was wondering whats the best way to go to Prenton park from Lime St, what stand do you recommend and I want to go to Aldo's bar for a few scoops.

Can I buy tickets on the day? Also any other tips would be brilliant.

Thanks a million
Anthony.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Alright there la.

If you're getting the train you'll probably want to go to Rock Ferry station, which is 10-15 mins walk from the ground. To get there from Lime St I think you take the train to Hooton, which leaves Lime St every 15 mins.

As for stand selection, I perfer the "sideways" view of the pitch offered by the Johnny King stand, but there's probably a better atmosphere in the Kop - although the atmosphere is not great anywhere, really, other than occasionally in the away end.

You can get ticket's on the day - Prenton Park offers a vast selection of empty seats on a match day.

My personal tip is to not buy any warm food at half time - its vile.

edit: but i usually still end up buying a pie regardless.

Player
Goodison
Don't go in the cowshed - its the away end!

If you're looking for autographs, there is sometimes a chance to catch the players as they leave the ground from the main reception at the back of the main stand at the end of the game.

fasttony

Player
John Aldridge
thanks a million for the tasty tips.

Hopefully the home form will continue this Saturday.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
From Liverpool train to Rock Ferry and 15 minute walk, alternative is to get off at Hamilton Square and right outside the station you can pick up the Soccerbus right to the ground, bout a £1 return I think.

You can pay on the turnstiles, unless any of you lads are 16-21 in which case u need to get a Young Person ticket from the ticket office behind the main stand.

Enjoy the game :-D

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Afraid they've taken off the Soccerbus this season.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Have they? Oh. :oops: I'm really up-to-date with these things! Train to Rock Ferry then pray it doesnt rain otherwise you'll be soaked before you get inside the ground!

Chris

Player
Bas Savage
Rock Ferry is the best station to walk to the ground, but you need to get either the trains to chester or ellesmere port from limestreet, which is about £3. Aldos is right behind the kop stand so its easy enough to find. The best stand to go in is the Kop as the atmosphere is better than the other stands, plus you can get into Aldos at half time for a few pints!!!!

Enjoy!!

fasttony

Player
John Aldridge
Cheers lads.

Im gonna go for the kop and a few pints in Aldo's.

Cannae wait\\:D/

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Great game to pick Anthony! Hope you enjoyed the game :)

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Can you come back on Tuesday???\\:D/

fasttony

Player
John Aldridge
Game on Saturday.

What a game on Saturday.

After it being 0-0 at half time, I was thinking the worst. What a second half. Had a great day, have a few in Aldo and a few after with the tranmere fans in Prenton Park pub and a few game of pool.

Got the worst burger in my life half way through the 1st half. The burger was luke warm and the bun was fridge cold and the coffee had about 2mls of milk in it. We had a good laugh about it anyways.

In these recession time, they would sell more food if it was decent.

Definitely going to go to another game.

Cheers lads.

P.S Bought the jersey, shorts, hat, scarf and litte badge.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Glad you enjoyed the day, and the result of course, come back soon!!!:lol: