• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Franchise v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Not looking forward to the outcome of this one. Think we've lost all games at their new ground and to be heading there with our defence in turmoil doesn't augur well. Add Goodi out with ligament damage and Broomes with a calf injury (while the transfer rumours relating to Marlon seem to be true) to the existing casualty list and things don't look good. Alliyu had to go back to West Brom for treatment, hope that he's fit to play as one of the brighter lights in the Walsall game.

Expected line-up

Warner
Kay Taylor McChrystal Cresswell
Alliyu Labadie Welsh Jennings
Showumni ITM

If Alliyu not fit, probably Akins instead, unless we revert to a 433.

Prediction. The Franchise aren't as strong as they were and their manager is as much of a novice as Les, but still see them being far too strong for us. 3-1

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I will be going but I can't say I'm excited. I agree 100% with Boz. We don't travel well. After it looked like we were getting back to full strength we lose four defenders through injury and two to their parent clubs. At least we may have our first choice front six on the pitch, which should mean a goal or two. The key will be how Ash Taylor and Mark McChrystal perform together.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I still think we have goals in us but looking at what is available at the back, I am worried.

Warner has only played one game and did nothing wrong but conceded 3 at home. Kay did well but same for him. Ash has only played a bit this season - McChrystal, well Les signed him as a squad player and Cresswell for all his free kick taking isnt as good in my opinion as Zoom at defending.

Mostly I worry about the Goodison effect. We all know that without him our record is poor and you wonder what the players thought when they heard he will be out for a while.

Not expecting much but maybe we could sneak a draw.

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Cant honestly see us getting anything but a hiding out of this one if am honest. With the news about Broomes wanting to leave, ITM, Jenno and Enoch you have to start to ask the question whether Les has lost the dressing room or whether or not the players can see what is happening with the club and want to get out while they can. No Goody is the real problem tomorrow and you feel that our far from air tight back line will be unable to cope without him.

However Rovers are a strange bunch and we seem to do better when the chips are down and we are expected to lose. Still think it will be a comfortable win for MK tho am going for 3-0.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It doesn't look good without the reassuring presence of Goodison at the back. Let's hope they all just work hard as a team and grind something out. A draw would be a good result.

There's a few people on here going to this one, so will look forward to the impartial match reports :)

I say 1-1.

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
was going to go to this but im not wasting my time spending 6 hours and £60 in petrol driving to watch Les Parrys garbage style of football.

With Goodison out we are going to get thumped because theres not another leader on the pitch and the rest of the defence are incapable of doing anything unless hes there mollycoddling them.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We are in a similar situation tomorrow as we were at Southampton earlier in the season, a decimated defence up against an in-form team, and like most people I fear a similar outcome. McCrystal's performance will be crucial, given that three of the back four will be under the age of 21. Let's just hope he does better than in the last fifteen minutes against Walsall !

It is depressing to hear that the rumours of Brommes's transfer request appear to be true, but I think I will take the stories of full-scale dressing room revolt with a pinch of salt for now.

DIW

Player
Goodison
Following this one online on the BBC website. Took them 13 (13?????? FFS) seconds to score after half time. After 54 minutes we appear to have not even had an effort on or off target.

I promise you now folks I will invade the pitch and moon to the Kop next Saturday if we get even a point out of this. Depressing.

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
Listened to the game on BBC Merseyside, there was a period of about 20 minutes where you would have thought it was Mk Dons V Mk Dons

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
Well its pretty simple if you cant get posession, keep it and can only manage 1 shot all game you dont win

Its not that complicated is it?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Possession for MK Dons 74% to Rovers' 26%. #-o

Status
Not open for further replies.