• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Fm 2007

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Hi all

Anyone getting Football Manager 2007 this week? I've played the demo and thought it played particularly well and is a vast improvement on previous versions.

Anyways, they are looking for as much TRFC info as possible. To be honest, they've got a lot of data in there and 99% of it is spot on. Ian (TRFC researcher) on the official forums is looking for as much youth info as possible though.

To quote:

Will check the favoured personnel, to be honest I thought I had got rid of Little and I have always had Johnny King and Aldridge in there... if they are missing I will check on the file. Pretty much anyone from our golden Captain Kingy days could be included but I tried to make it fit in with the modern game as much as possible... That's why I haven't got Mogsy, Muir, Eddie or Elvis in.

And I believe the Lorraine Rogers as a male issue has been sorted. Certainly in the new database she is down as Lorraine and not "L" anymore.

By the way, if anyone has any info on the younger rovers players in the youth team in particular please let me know. Getting info on them is very tough and any input people have even if its just positional info, or date of births etc, is most welcome.

The italic paragraph is really what we are after.
If anyone has any more info, pop along to http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=21019056&f=1742084852&m=6182058852&r=5762083362 and post as much as you can.

Should have the game in my hands tomorrow, so I'll start a game as the famous TRFC and post progress on here.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
When did the game come out? Hoped to go and buy it at lunch time but they're all gone?! Admittedly could only look in a small WHSmith, Sainsburys and Tesco - but they had every other game bar FM07! Gutted - gonna try Game in town on way home - fingers crossed I'll be spending a night managing to get TRFC promoted!:lol: :lol:

ps. 1 thing that annoys me with the game is the position of Jennings, he is NOT a left winger! hope that has changed

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Ha ha yeah, better than Kev Ellison! If only reality matched...:roll:

Player
Morrisey
Using the vast amounts of Smiths vouchers that collect under the sofa to purchase a copy later. I cannot wait to be able to set up a feeder club. Looks ace.

DixieDean

I hope it's more difficult/realistic than FM2006. In my latest game, I have taken Accrington from the Conference to the Championship with 3 consecutive promotions. Not only was that too easy, I never got ANY job offer from other clubs along the way... :roll:

M

Matthew The Rover

Ian, Lorraine Rogers is sadly still down as a "he", although they may have thought this through looking at her so I will forgive them.

It's a good game from experience too, but Zola scored a hatrick for me in one game and I've signed Sutton and Jansen for Tranmere - now that's unrealistic!

Oh, plus Craig Curran is like our best player

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Having played the demo a bit, it does stand out how low Mullin and McLaren are statted compared to the rest of the team, with Harrison and M Jones in the game being better choices for the centre of midfield. I think anyone who has seen these players play would have that the other way around. The ex-Rotherham lads show coherent midfield play with a clear understanding between one another. Last season under Little, one half of our complete joke of a centre midfield was Danny Harrison who to be fair to the lad had no idea what he was supposed to be doing and ended up running around like a headless chicken. Ronnie has replaced him and McAteer with two considerably better players and that is not reflected by the game stats. And while Mike Jones has shown real potential in the wide right position for the youth and reserve teams, that being his position, I can't see him being a better central attacking midfielder than the quick and aggresive Mullin in the way this game selects Jones to play.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, I'd agree. The strongest players in the game certainly aren't reflecting real life. The main bugbear I have with this game is the amount of sendings off and injuries. It's far beyond realistic. I've had 4 sendings off in one game and half my team are injured! And that's only with half a season gone.

I'm also finding it extremely difficult to win games. I just can't seem to find a winning formation. The problem I have though as that I keep changing formations and unsettling the squad.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
I also agree on the sending offs being totally unrealistic. By the end of my fourth pre-season friendly I'd had three players red carded, after teamtalks like 'there's no pressure, go out there and enjoy the game' as well. Oh and all three were viewed by the FA as so severe as to require three match bans once the season started. And then with two injuries, I'd lost five senior players for the first month of the season. Ridiculous.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Am I playing a different game to you guys? Admittedly am only 3 weeks into my task of getting Rovers out of the doldrums but played 4 friendlies and not even a booking picked up. No injury problems just yet either.Must be my superior management style :wink: :lol:

I reckon they have improved quite a bit on this version, looking forward to playing it a lot more over the weekend!

Player
Morrisey
I get afew Red's but not too any. I am finding it good. Finished third last season and and top at the moment after failing to gain promotion last season. got Jansen upfront and also a lot of loan signings from my feeder club, West Ham. Also bought signed Luke Wilkie. Michael Johnston is playing for Wales U21 and getting 8's. sherrif is Australia captain. I actually find it easier than the previous game. I find that a 4-4-2 is the best. If you are struggling to win a game I find that if you play 4-4-2 for 70mins and then make 2 subs, drop a midfield man to Dm and push one to att mid then you should score. I think that if you (as a manager) watch a game then the stats of the players in that game should become available to you. In other words, you should be able to do your own scouting.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Just signed Matt Jansen too - not doing too good though. Got a parent club in Spurs although they haven't loaned me any players thus far. Am 3rd with Taylor banging them in - if only that were the case in real life! Only other signing is Ryan Garry on loan from Arsenal after he impressed in a friendly against us! Somehow managed to attract Middlesbrough, Arsenal and Spurs (part of the feeder agreement) to play friendlies and made massive profit!

Player
Morrisey
Jansen is an amazing signing for me and was voted signing of the season in League 1 last season. If you make loan offers for players from your feeder club then they are usually accepted. I had middleborough as a feeder club for the first season and had offers accepted for the likes of Bates. I also find the game an awful lot faster to run. It used to take me ages just to load up my player search, but now it is really quick.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Yeah i agree with the speed, much prefer it to the the very slow last version. I'm playing Jansen just behind Taylor in a 4-4-1-1 formation but he is yet to sparkle. Only 4 league games in and his ave rating is 6.5. Taylor has 5 goals in those 4 games! ha ha :lol:

Any other top free transfers to be had???

Player
Morrisey
Try him on the bench in a 4-4-2 with Greenacre upfront and then bring him on at about 60mins. Otherwise put him in the reserves for a week or two and he will then start scoring. I did it with Tom Lyons and he is now scoring every game for me.

Player
Morrisey
so how is every one doing?

First Season - 3rd League one
Second Season - 1st League one
Third Season - 16th Championship
Fourth Season - 9th Championship

I am finding this game easier than previous ones. signing players is a lot easier than before and now I think that the difficulty level of games is easier. Still haveing a great time on it.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Finished 8 in my first season - was very disappointed so restarted as Newcastle and am doing ok. Early days but am confident the glory days can return to Newcastle! :lol:

Then I'll retry and get Rovers where we belong ... Champions League!!!:lol:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'm really struggling with this. Rovers is a real challenge. I'm 22nd in the league! #-o

Player
Morrisey
I just found that keeping it simple and playing the same formation week in week out and the same team (unless injuries) worked. What signings has everyone made? I have David Dunn, Thomas Gaardsoe, Clint Hill, Elliott Ward, Marcus Bent, Richard Chaplow. My team is unrecognisable from my first season except for Sherrif, Shukes (back up now) and Davies. Also Mike Jones has just started to play for me and is scoring.