• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Fixtures 2023-24

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The fixtures have now been released.

We are at home to Wrexham in early September with the reverse fixture in March.

Home to Barrow on the opening day, away to Salford on Boxing Day, home to Notts County on New Year's Day.

The Good Friday fixture at Bradford looks interesting.

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
The fixtures have now been released.

We are at home to Wrexham in early September with the reverse fixture in March.

Home to Barrow on the opening day, away to Salford on Boxing Day, home to Notts County on New Year's Day.

The Good Friday fixture at Bradford looks interesting.
Wrectum and ourselves play MK Don's in quick succession in first couple of games.
Chance to see how we compare against the All Stars.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Some strange/frustrating away dates, Morecambe on a Tuesday and Harrogate the last Friday in December.

Player
Manager
John King
To be honest, it makes more sense for midweek away fixtures to be local, rather than at the other end of the country.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
To be honest, it makes more sense for midweek away fixtures to be local, rather than at the other end of the country.
I agree yet none of Wrexham, Crewe and Stockport away are midweek. For selfish reasons I’d have preferred Morecambe at the weekend, while Harrogate would make more sense played on the Saturday.

Player
Manager
John King
I agree yet none of Wrexham, Crewe and Stockport away are midweek. For selfish reasons I’d have preferred Morecambe at the weekend, while Harrogate would make more sense played on the Saturday.
There are so many permutations, I would imagine it is impossible to cater for the specific needs of every club or individual supporter.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Barnsley away in first round of the league cup.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Always nice to be at home first game of the season.

Away for both Boxing Day and last game of the season but both relatively local games. Bradford away on Good Friday should mean a good attendance as we’ll take a few.
Wrexham at home a few weeks into the season also one to look forward to

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Hope so mate if it is i will make a very rare away game my last was 30 year's ago at Bradford when muir scored in the 92min the home fans where putting screwdrivers through the fence and saying that they would kill us i have not done an away game since

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
I will be at pp more this season i hope i realy hope i can be there a little more this year

Reactions: Ian

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Barnsley have started selling tickets for next Tuesday’s game, a tenner each. Away tickets not yet on sale.

They’re only opening the big east stand for home fans, guess our lot will be in the north stand.
Hoping they’ll be selling away tickets on the day as the only Rovers game I’m likely to get to this month.

Think you should be okay there Boz, even if you buy at the ground on the night. It'd be nice if the club would announce details though.

Reactions: Boz

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Think you should be okay there Boz, even if you buy at the ground on the night. It'd be nice if the club would announce details though.
From what the SLO says on the other site, the fault on this occasion seems to lie with Barnsley who only released a small quantity of tickets to us this week.