• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Eggs in one basket

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Have Rover's put all their eggs in one basket with apter if he gets injured then its not good. We need to move some on and bring at least one forward in as we have 2 good forwards but they are alwasys injured or out of form and we got two young boys 1 of witch is not favoured by Nigel and the other not that good leaves us way short

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
First choice wide men are currently Apter and Morris. Hawkes is the obvious back up. Morris has picked up injuries in the past and Apter may at some point be taken out by an unruly full back so another option would be nice, but not essential. Unless of course Hawkes leaves in which case we’ll need another wide man. I can’t think of anyone else in the squad who is a natural attacking wide man unless I’ve forgotten someone.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
First choice wide men are currently Apter and Morris. Hawkes is the obvious back up. Morris has picked up injuries in the past and Apter may at some point be taken out by an unruly full back so another option would be nice, but not essential. Unless of course Hawkes leaves in which case we’ll need another wide man. I can’t think of anyone else in the squad who is a natural attacking wide man unless I’ve forgotten someone.
There's no other natural wide player at the club, though Saunders when fit or Taylor if selected could play wide but neither would be ideal

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Connor Wood has played wide left in midfield too, but we aren’t really blessed with players who can operate on the wing.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Im not saying that but we have 2 good forwards one who is never fit and another who has not settled then we have one who is fast but not very good at scoring then two of of hume is not favoured and 1 who scores the odd goal we need more up front thats what im saying

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
There aren't many who ;look likely to move during the window though. The four on short-term contracts, though arguably we need one of Pike/Starbuck for right-back cover. Maybe send Leake back to Hull given how injury-prone he's been at Rovers.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
In the relegation season to the national league, it was reported to have signed fifty plus pros.
that didn't count the youth.
In the first promotion season the squad number s went over thirty, with the youth squad numbers between twenty six and forty but didn't include all first year youth.
in the second promotion season, the squad was just as large.
but thirty odd without youth is quite large. I noticed in the Cheshire cup side, the lads/ development squad had squad numbers.

I hope a striker and centre back is added to the squad during this window.

So Hughes is the first one to make way, winding down the rest of his contract on loan at Curzon. I really thought this might be his breakthrough season for us but three successive managers can’t all be wrong about him.

From what Adkins has said previously, I assume a few more will be in their way soon - I’d guess probably fringe players but you never know - with a view to us bringing in one or maybe two new faces next week.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Shame, I liked him but not one that will make us better.

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
So Hughes is the first one to make way, winding down the rest of his contract on loan at Curzon. I really thought this might be his breakthrough season for us but three successive managers can’t all be wrong about him.

From what Adkins has said previously, I assume a few more will be in their way soon - I’d guess probably fringe players but you never know - with a view to us bringing in one or maybe two new faces next week.
So we are paying about 2/3's of his contract. Few others will be heavily discounted just to get something back.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Dawes seemed to scapegoat Hughes to an extent last season and Adkins didn’t think he was worth a chance. Probably best that he moves on, though to my mind there are worse players still on the books. Will be interesting to see how his career progresses or not.

Reactions: Ian

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
Dawes seemed to scapegoat Hughes to an extent last season and Adkins didn’t think he was worth a chance. Probably best that he moves on, though to my mind there are worse players still on the books. Will be interesting to see how his career progresses or not.
Wasn't hewelt ex Everton pro as well, sums up these modern playing staffs