• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Doncaster v Rovers - *postponed*

Match result

• Doncaster

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Doncaster v Rovers - *postponed*
Posted by Ian
Eco-Power Stadium
Saturday, January 21, 2023 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, January 21, 2023 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
Better get some more players in quickly! We'll do well to avoid more than a couple of injuries and suspensions over that period.
You make a good point. But consider this- the two M's maybe a thick as thieves and privately concede the season is dead as long as relegation is avoided. Tranmere have 35 points, current safety looks like anything north of 37 points. So a win this week might just encourage 'Stick' further and wait for summer saving a lot?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
That’s a pretty negative outlook @dollar'sbloke when if you flip it around, we are only a few wins from the playoffs. Still plenty of football to be played although I do concede we need some more players for that to happen.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
That's 7 games in February now, 3 Tuesdays!
The club's have to use the first available free midweek date, because if we have more poestponed games the fixture backlog will grow. Don't forget we are liable at any time to be hit by adverse weather.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
That’s a pretty negative outlook @dollar'sbloke when if you flip it around, we are only a few wins from the playoffs. Still plenty of football to be played although I do concede we need some more players for that to happen.
Good point @Ian.
However, the 'few' wins you talk about, look increasingly difficult at this time and future fixtures.

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
Not really an outlook more a perception what they maybe thinking, so pretty worthless.
It is an optimist's position that two wins off play offs can be overcome, a realist might suggest if it was the halfway point I know it is slightly more that the gap will be four wins in the end. Ergo just below half way.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think it is clear from the players that have already signed that we are actively trying to strengthen the squad in this window. We would not have offered a 2 1/2 year contract to Walker if we were simply engaged in a cost cutting exercise.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Looking at the contracts offered in the past year or so, I get the impression we are essentially building for next season while hoping we might put a run together in the second half of this season (as in 2019). There is cause for optimism, given the overall quality of the players we have and the length of their contracts. We are only a couple of quality players and two or three backups short of a really good League Two side. They may not arrive this month but our recruitment in the summer should be a whole lot easier. Of course, this all assumes Micky gets his contract renewed in the summer, otherwise we are back to square one.