• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Doncaster v Rovers - *postponed*

Match result

• Doncaster

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Doncaster v Rovers - *postponed*
Posted by Ian
Eco-Power Stadium
Saturday, January 21, 2023 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, January 21, 2023 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Rovers head to South Yorkshire on Saturday to face Doncaster at the Eco-Power Stadium. Doncaster are sitting 12th in the league just 2 points ahead of Rovers but have been performing quite well recently. Three wins in their last five games. Their game last Saturday was postponed so have not played since 7th Jan which resulted in a 1-0 loss to high flyers Orient.

Both teams met just a few weeks ago on boxing day which saw a rampant Rovers secure a 3-0 victory with goals from Hemmings, Morris and Lewis.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Like your new avatar, Ian. A reminder of happier days when we could compete with anyone and had a top class goalscorer.

Reactions: Ian

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
They signed a right back and centre half on loan yesterday, going be a tough game, reckon a draw 1 1.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I’m going to be ultra optimistic for once and go for an away win. Donny were very poor on Boxing Day and on their home turf of course, in front of their fans they won’t be as bad. However I think we have enough to keep it tight and nick a goal in the second half.

Barring injuries I’m expecting the same defence and midfield. Surely mumbongo will be missing so perhaps burton will get a start unless we bring in a striker before Saturday. Unless of course the returning Lewis gets a game as we’re away from home And he can drop into midfield at times.
One option would be to start chalmers on the left and play hawkes just off Hemmings. Unlikely micky would go that radical

I was going to make the journey to Donny but having been to crewe 3 weeks ago and planning on Stockport in two weeks, an afternoon in front of the Tv is cheaper. That said the wife is talking about a shopping trip to Chester but I could always combine it with a trip to watch Rhys Hughes make his debut!

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I've got a bad feeling about this one, well about the result anyway. Our recent form suggests we will look the better team for the majority of the game but fall short. I can't remember the last time I "voted" for a defeat. I think Donny'll nick it by the odd goal but desperately hope I'm wrong! If we win I'll be the one "voting" for defeats until we actually lose again...

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The Doncaster fans seem to doubt whether this game will go ahead due to the weather. If the match is on, we will have a decent following with 500 tickets sold already.

I don't think we should read too much into Doncaster's performance on Boxing Day. They are clearly a better side than they showed in that game and a draw would be a decent result on Saturday, albeit we really need three points to make progress, with Orient to follow next week.

In terms of selection, I think the midfield will be unchanged despite the new arrivals, as Micky seemed quite happy with the performance last Saturday. However, we will hopefully get to see at least one of the new signings at some stage. I would not be surprised if Mellon opts to play Lewis just off Hemmings as a false nine, but if we go with two strikers Burton probably deserves to start ahead of Mumbongo after his cameo last week.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It's a shame about the weather issue, as I've got a ticket for this one. Seen Rovers play Donny at Belle Vue and the new ground. Both ended 0-0 which is fairly good going by my away game standards.

There was some suggestion in Micky's post-match comments about Mumbongo possibly suffering concussion, so he may not be available at all. Lewis is available and think it's likely that he'll start with Hemmings and take it from there. No sign of any incoming striker to replace Nevitt, hope Burton gets some more game time, but that probably depends on how the game is shaping. Agree that the midfield probably stays the same after last week.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
There is a pitch inspection this afternoon at 4pm

• Sad
Player
Manager
John King
It is a positive that all of the League Two games that directly affect us have been wiped out, so we can't lose further ground today.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Orient lose 3-0 at Stevenage. Hopefully means they’ll be a bit vulnerable when they visit PP next week. El Mizouni who we were linked with once is sent off.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Orient lose 3-0 at Stevenage. Hopefully means they’ll be a bit vulnerable when they visit PP next week. El Mizouni who we were linked with once is sent off.
They have only scored 1 in the last 6 games and have had 3 sent off in the last 4 games

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
They have only scored 1 in the last 6 games and have had 3 sent off in the last 4 games
1 in the last 6 games? Sounds like us! No doubt it’ll be the usual when a team in poor form comes to PP you know what happens!

It’ll have 0-0 written all over it

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Think Orient had a number of players missing for various reasons. Don’t know how many will be back for the game with us, but being without El Mizouni should be to our advantage, he looks decent and 2 yellows so they can’t appeal.

Player
Manager
John King
A number of Orient's key players, including Omar Beccles, will be available again next week, and I am anticipating a very tough game.

Last edited:

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The game has been rearranged for Tuesday 7th February