• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Curran signs for Carlisle

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I always praised Craig for his workrate when he was here, but let's face it, a non-scoring striker is hardly a great asset to a team.

No great loss.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Thank god he's gone, hopefully we can start to play with 11 men again!

I've scoured the official site and can see no mention of McLaren's never pulling on a Rovers shirt again, so no chance of that then[-X

I would be interested in knowing the real reason for Craig's departure. Carlisle don't look like a team heading up the league, their attendances were significantly down last season. So was it that he was offered more money (highly likely), a longer contract or the promise that he'd be played as a striker?

I am sorry to see him go and think we'll miss his work-rate. 5 goals isn't that bad a strike right for a right-winger, which is where Les played him. On the positive, at least he's gone early enough for the management to be keeping tabs on at least 2 new strikers. On the negative we've only ITM and Gornell on the books up front now.

Best wishes Craig.

Player
Goodison
I've scoured the official site and can see no mention of McLaren's never pulling on a Rovers shirt again, so no chance of that then[-X

Damn I forgot about Paul "Andrea Pirlo" McLaren. Hopefully someone will try and sign him, assuming their managed by Stevie Wonder.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Damn I forgot about Paul "Andrea Pirlo" McLaren. Hopefully someone will try and sign him, assuming their managed by Stevie Wonder.
Haha..

I liked his work rate but being honest, he never turned into the player I thought he was going to be. He showed a lot of promise early on but it never really happened for him.

Wish him well for the future.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I was surprised by Curran going. Not that I was his biggest fan, but that other clubs might want him at our level. Like most have said, his work rate was second to none, but he did miss a fair few decent chances.

Anyway - we move on. We need some strikers desperately. Should be an interesting few weeks !

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It seems we all aren't that bothered that Curran has gone, but what about the club? They offered him a contract, he turned it down for Carlisle. Shows they wanted to keep him. Wonder how they feel about the situation.

Player
Goodison
They offerred him a 1 year deal whilst Carlise offerred him a 2 year deal, I think that could be way - Welsh and Bakayogo were both offerred 1 year deals as well I think. Although I think the club shouldn't have even tried to give him a contract but there you go!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Good squad player, fitted into Les's 4-3-3 well, was quite under-appreciated by lots of our fans last year but probably not by Logan and Broomes who he helped out tremendously on that right hand side all season. Sadly didn't contribute much going forward but he's a good lad, wish him all the best.

If we've only offered Baka a 1 year deal...ffs.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The lad always tried and is still only 20 after all. Like Dagnall, I think we'll regret not trying to keep him. Offering a 1-year deal to established first team players is an insult.

Player
Goodison
Dagnall was never given a chance though, Curran had plenty of games to demonstrate his incompetance. The one year deal suggests they didn't think he was very good but maybe a useful squad player, but if he doesn't play or doesn't improve a 1 year deal gives them a get out. Owell, glad he's gone.

Letting younger players go?

Sorry we've let Curran go, hes now had a bit of experience added to his excellent work ethic. Hes had a long term injury, come back and worked as hard if not harder than anyone and we are foolish to let him go now, it just seems wasteful and I'm sure his performances at Carlisle will see us regret it.

If the sticking point was the contract of one or two years them I know where the blame will lie for his departure. Johnson - but as ever not a word comes out of club direction or policy.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
well les was on the radio this afternoon and said that there were certain things in currans contract that would have made him an expensive player for us.

Les also said he expects an announcement to be made ths week confirming him as manager