• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

EFL Trophy Crewe v Rovers - Pizza Trophy

Crewe v Rovers - Pizza Trophy
Posted by Ian
Alexandra Stadium
Tuesday, October 18, 2022 - 07:00 PM
Until: Tuesday, October 18, 2022 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Outoftowner

Player
Chris Merrie
Manager
Micky Mellon
I didn’t watch the Ifollow coverage tonight as thought it would be a dead rubber. Sounds like a few of the youngsters; Lomax and Taylor played well, while as we kept a clean sheet, perhaps Hockenhull isn’t as bad as his previous lack of first team action might suggest?
I thought Hockenbull played well and he stopped what thought was a certain goal - an excellent move !

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Thanks for the report RLC. As you say another win is great for our confidence. How did Rhys Hughes play?

Just watched the goal. Nevitt does well to just lean on the defender a bit to gain some space but then shows good pace and power and a good finish.

I’m not too surprised about Byrne. I was always a bit worried if he was going to be a regular. We need Davies back as competition for Simeu and turnbull but good to hear Hockenhull did well.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
when was the last time rovers won 4 away games back-to-back, I can't think it might have been in Nat LG

frenchrover

Player
aldo
A pretty good all round performance from a young Rovers "reserve" side against what in effect was mid-table League 2 side. There were one or two dodgy moments in defence late on but overall they coped well with everything Crewe could muster, and Hockenhull didn't look out of place at all for what was his debut appearance. Some decent passing and movement particularly on the break, but as RCL says an element of naivety in the final third limited any real scoring opportunities until the appearance of Nevitt and Morris. But such naivety in finishing off decent moves must surely be down to limited real match involvement rather than ability and this I think can only bode well for the future of the whole squad.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Thanks for the report RLC. As you say another win is great for our confidence. How did Rhys Hughes play?

Just watched the goal. Nevitt does well to just lean on the defender a bit to gain some space but then shows good pace and power and a good finish.

I’m not too surprised about Byrne. I was always a bit worried if he was going to be a regular. We need Davies back as competition for Simeu and turnbull but good to hear Hockenhull did well.
Hughes had a quiet game I thought, although he is clearly a good player.

I thought Lomax was the most impressive of the homegrown youngsters and had a very good first half. He seems the most talented footballer of the home produced players.