• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

CONTRACTS

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
You don't think we'll create more chances when Wallace returns? Also, Bell-Baggie spends more time on the floor than on his feet.

Player
Goodison
We need a new left winger - if you take out the first 12 games Robinson hardly did anything last season, and more movement from the strikers upfront. It's hard to create chances if the strikers are like statues.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
You don't think we'll create more chances when Wallace returns? Also, Bell-Baggie spends more time on the floor than on his feet.

Indirectly, because we'll be playing better football. Has no impact on team selection was my point. We still have same wingers to choose from.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I don't agree with the comments above regarding Robinson, as he was still playing well in December and January and virtually single-handedly won us the games over the Christmas period. His poorer form when he returned from injury mirrored that of the rest of the team. His quality and experience is invaluable and can not easily be replaced with the budget we are operating on.

I think Bell-Baggie did well last season and will only improve as he gains experience. The length of contract offered to him suggests that the coaching staff have real faith in him.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Agree about Robinson. Still has a major part to play in our team and were are simply a better team with him in it.

Sent using Tapatalk

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Agree Robinson can still turn it on. ABB great on his day, but need to develop more consistency. I think Thompson is worth hanging onto - not always as creative, but is the type to weigh in with a few goals.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It is rumoured that our released players have fixed themselves up as follows:

Kay at Rotherham
Black at Oldham
Harrison at Grimsby
McGurk at Burton (the Summerfield connection presumably)

I am surprised that McGurk has not found himself a League One side, as he is definitely better than League Two standard (cue sarcastic response from Sonkorly).

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I am surprised that McGurk has not found himself a League One side, as he is definitely better than League Two standard (cue sarcastic response from Sonkorly).
I am pleased for Adam. He had a rollercoaster season - some great games, some stinkers, a Northern Ireland call-up and a couple of lengthy injuries. On his day, he's a match winner and I wish him better luck at his new club.

He is certainly good enough to make our bench at least, but Ronnie's policy counts against him. With a small squad, you need consistent, injury-free players. He has missed too many games in his three years at Rovers.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Agnew

We are looking at lad from Dumbarton? High scoring midfielder, but his agent states others from England looking at him - so he won't be coming here then, given almost evrybody has bigger budget than us. Might be his agent ramping up attention:!:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Scored a lot of goals for a midfielder. What's the quality of football like in the Scottish first and third division?

Sent using Tapatalk

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
hes signed a new contract with them so we aint signing him.

drwhoman

SCOTTISH FOOTBALL

Scottish football is not what it was. Celtic are the only team who would hack it in the English Premier League at present. The fact that some middle of the road players from England have done quite well there really says it all. I saw the Scottish Cup Final on the TV a couple of years ago and our very own Steve Jennings was playing in midfield for Motherwell while ? ( name escapes me - the former Everton and Arsenal player who trained with us before the start of last season) came on as a sub.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
What's the quality of football like in the Scottish first and third division?
I think Rovers would be a decent SPL side.

Agnew has a good goalscoring record, but despite this seems to have had an up and down career. He would have been a risk. If he has signed a new contract knowing Rovers' interest, it shows a lack of ambition, so I'm not too fussed about him.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Would be great to see him back. Apparently he has said in interviews he would like to return to us and settle down in the area.

He's gone to Bury on a one-year contract. He may be 35 but is solid in that position, even if only for a year.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Fonners has signed a two-year deal. I know it's been on the cards, but it's still good news. Anybody know where Zoum has gone to?