• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Club versus Country? A study into football fan loyalty

Player
John Aldridge
Hi everyone,

Apologies for clogging up the board, but I am hoping you can help.

I am conducting an academic study into football fan loyalty, in particular looking at loyalties towards both club and national football teams. I am also investigating the role of national identity in this process and have developed a survey (see the below link) to address these issues.

In order to gain a representative sample, four teams have been randomly selected from each of the major four divisions, and Tranmere came out of the hat! I would therefore be hugely grateful if you could donate no more than 10 minutes of your time to completing the survey: it is simple to complete via drop down menus and tick boxes. In order to be eligible to take part you must:

• Be of English origin;
  • Be at least 18 years of age.
No contact details will be collected and the survey is fully anonymous.

Many thanks for your time and I promise not to start any other threads to clog up your message board. The survey can be accessed at:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/fanloyaltysurvey

Cheers,

David

O

OneNightInGayParis

Logged on to this and initially happy to fill in the footy related bit - even though it is a bit banal. However, it got a bit too political for me so I logged out before completing it. Happy to give my views on my support of the Tranmere and England teams, but not my loyalty to our political system and its institutions etc. I certainly wouldn't want Tranmere to be ranked in a league table measuring levels of nationalism (and all that this can imply in our pc world) on account of my views.

Approach with caution!