• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Club Announcement!

Player
Goodison
It depends who replaces her... It could be the kick up the backside the club needs or it could completely destablise the club and we could end up in adminstration. Anyone got a load of money to take over the club with?! lol[-o<

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I've got to say I'll miss her. Under her chairmanship the club has been financially stable despite our lack of big gates and lucrative cup runs. That's a massive achievement in the current climate. She has always talked sense and has a good grasp of the problems our club and football in general have. She may not have always picked a winning manager, but I doubt any of us would have done better. On paper, Dave Watson, Ray Mathias, Brian Little and Ronnie Moore looked good choices on appointment. Perhaps she let Ray go too soon, but that's debatable. She's always worked hard for the club (and English football), so I think we ought to be generous. I'd like to thamk her and wish her all the best. Let's hope her last season will be successful.

Ally

Player
Aldo
It seems like an odd time to publicise her decision, just 2 games in. Perhaps her hand was forced...

Let's face it, noone with loads of cash is going to step in. It wouldn't really make business sense. I just hope it doesn't de-stabilise the club throughout the season. Teams always struggle when there are problems in the board-room.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Unless an offer comes in from somewhere, guess PJ will appoint someone else to mind the shop. Loz's record at the helm has been mixed. Financial stability, but always felt she was too quick on the trigger with Ray Mathias. Interesting what she says about the gulf between the leagues getting wider. Looking at what's happened to the likes of Rotherham makes one worry if Rovers were to fall into the wrong hands or PJ wanted his dosh back

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I wouldn't be suprised if its a done deal who is taking over but maybe they can't announce it yet which is why Lorraine is waiting til the end of the season. She always said she'd make sure she found us a replacement before she left.

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Hang on guys, let's just calm down here. We're getting a new chairman not a new owner. PJ still owns the majority shareholding and it depends how much of her ownership if any she wants to sell.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Reading the article on the official website, I can completely see where she's coming from. Being one of the lower league clubs, it must be very frustrating having to battle against the FA whilst keeping the club running. Football outside of the Premiership is struggling. The amount of clubs going into administration and the amount of points being deducted from clubs is worrying. Luton starting the season on -30. It's a joke. Where's the competition?

And it's only going to get worse.
I think the Davies saga was the last straw for Lorraine. You invest heavily in youth, protect the young players, but where's the protection from the FA? I think we all know the tribunal fee will be buttons, and Derby offering 100k is pathetic. We should have sold Davies when Leeds offered 400k for him a few months ago.

I wish her well. I think she's done a great job for the club, more importantly stabalising the club after the mess that fat prick left it in.