• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Cheltenham 1-0 Tranmere

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Conceded a goal after 2 mins. Created two good chances but otherwise not an awful lot in the game - second half was an improvement after the abysmal first. At the end, Goodison could barely walk. Listening to commentary, I heard Bas Savage mentioned about three times. Only positive was the return of Curran.

To put tonights pathetic result into context, away to Chelts:

Leicester won 4-0.
Peterborough won 6-3.
MK won 5-3.
Millwall won 3-1.
Scunthorpe won 2-1.
Tranmere can't even score.

Can't be arsed with Saturday now, think i'll save my money.

Player
Liam Palmer
Absolutely pathetic. Embarrassing.

What's left to blame? Our away strips, that's all, we've used up all the other excuses.

Words fail me.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Lost at Swindon, Yeovil, Crewe, now here. All teams near the bottom. Match stats suggest even game. Subs odd, Edds is never going to change anything. Sticking Cresswell on & playing Sonko up front might make more sense. Seemed neither of our strikers made much impact again. I've never seen us lose in the gold shirts...

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Some facts... our away record this season: won 4, drawn 4, lost 10.

and by perhaps not strange coincidence i've not seen us win in the gold shirts!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I've never seen us lose in the gold shirts...

It's a good point, as we were wearing white last night. I've read elsewhere that Jenno and Chorley were the only players who looked bothered last night. Ronnie's right, we had better chances to score than they did. On another day we might've won, certainly got a point, but we didn't.

Anyone seen the goal? It was awesome, a bit like Tony Kay's volley last year.

Player
Goodison
I think blaming the kit is a bit pointless, our best away performance of the season was at Huddersfield and we were wearing gold. Something has to be wrong in what Ronnie Moore and co are doing before the game.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I think blaming the kit is a bit pointless, our best away performance of the season was at Huddersfield and we were wearing gold. Something has to be wrong in what Ronnie Moore and co are doing before the game.

Was only joking about the kit. I think it's a psychological issue - and I also think it's a bit of bad luck. After picking up a point at Hereford, we deserved to beat Milwall really, as even some of their fans were admitting after the game. We then went to Crewe and played abysmally, but responded with a good win against Colchester before losing in 90+3 to Southend against the run of play. We lost the Hartlepool game to a dubious penalty after generally playing ok, then picked up a point at Northampton. Last night, again, we did as much as them to win the game (after a terrible start) but I think we're actually going away from home and trying to win games instead of drawing like earlier on in the season. The results aren't there yet, and it's a bit too late now anyway, but I think we're approaching away games in a better manner than we have done previously, perhaps in preperation for a better time away from PP next season. If we're going away and trying to get 3 points, I'm not gonna complain about our approach.

Also to criticise Ronnie for this is a bit off as we've been poor away from home since long before he arrived at the club. He told the lads that Cheltenham were a big physical team and to not give away set pieces, yet within the first 20 mins the players had given away a ton of free kicks and about six corners. Sometimes the players have to be accountable, too. Get rid of Sonko and Ian, let me have a new username, please :)

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Send us a PM SonkORLY? and I'l get that username changed for you :-D

Last night simply wasn't good enough. It was a pathetic first half display and someone needs to be held accountable. Cheltenham are fighting for their lives down there, but they are bottom and firmly placed. For us not to even touch the ball in the first 20 mins is embarrassing. What were they paying at? We could have easily been 2-0 down at the break.

The second half was a slight improvement, but then we get back to the issues which have plagued as all season. We get chances and dont put them away. I dont understand why thats different when playing away from home. It's crazy..

What's annoying is that we are capable. We are a good team as our home form shows. We can beat teams.

Two great home wins followed by a pathetic away performance. Now that's the kind of from that will get you nowhere. I dont remember us having a really good string of wins for a while now. We just can't do it.

I'm not giving up yet, but I'd say we really have to win the next two away games. What are the chances of that? I've probably got more chance with the Euro millions on Fri.

I'll be there on Sat though, just incase we do happen to pull off a miracle.

Ally

Player
Aldo
Was pretty gutted about the result, particularly after our sterling work at home in recent games. I suppose though it's good to still be in with a shout at this stage, even though we all know we'll finish 8th on about 73 points, once again agonisingly close to more semi-final heartbreak...

Player
Goodison
There are less then 400 tickets left so it should be a sell out, we have to win at Oldham or I think it will be curtains on our play off dream unless there is a minor miracle!

I agree it is partly psycological, perhaps they should hire a hypnotist to convince them that they are playing at Prenton Park?!

The only positive to take from this is Curran making his long awaited return. The article on the home page is wrong - we have won away from home since October 18th - we beat Colchester (I know its hard to believe - all these defeats seem to merge into one at the moment!)

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
My only positive is that we are so unpredictable. Maybe if I predict we'll finish outside the top six ....

Player
Johnny Morrissey
article on the home page is wrong - we have won away from home since October 18th - we beat Colchester (I know its hard to believe - all these defeats seem to merge into one at the moment!)

Good point RTID, ooops :oops: I'll get that changed.

Add: DONE

ps. terrible result last night, so frustrating that we did all the hard work to beat the best side, only to blow all that hard work by not turning up and losing to the worst. If ever there was a chance to get the away form back on the rails again it was last night and they blew it. Uphill task to get into the top 6 now. As for Oldham on Saturday, Rovers have sold loads of tickets off the back of great wins at Prenton, so we'll have great support over there, now we need to see a performance to match unlike at Crewe where the support was amazing and we failed to show ... again. Come on Rovers!